Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok as some of you know i run a eldar mech list at 1500 points, the other day i lost my first battle with it against a " legend" at my local store, well legend as far as ive never seen him lose before and ive faced him before at 2000 non mech and tied with 4 models left on the table. this time he faced me with his sisters of battle and beat me 6 kill points to 9. here was my list going in.....

HQ: farseer with fortune, doom, spirit stones, runes of warding 145p
8 warlocks one has enhance, one has embolden 220p
waveserpent w/ EML and spirit stones 130p

Troops: 10 dire avengers w/ exarch has blade storm, and duel shurken catapults 152p
waveserpent w/ shurken cannons and spirit stones 110p

10 dire avengers w/ exarch has blade storm, and duel shurken catapults 152p

Elites: 5 fire dragons exarch has tank hunters, fusion gun and crack shot 112p

5 fire dragons exarch has tank hunters, and fusion gun 107p

this was roughly what he feilded....

commander unit melta bombs
5 celestian vets. 3 have flamers one has a heavy flamer
+rhino transport, TL heavy flamer

6 celestian vets 4 have melta guns
+ rhino transport ,TL heavy flamer

18 sisters squad leader has melta bombs, and 3 or 2 storm bolters, frags

18 sisters squad leader has melta bombs, and 3 or 2 storm bolters ,frags

18 sisters squad leader has melta bombs, and 3 or 2 storm bolters, frags

whirlwind looking vehicle that had 13 front armour 11 side and fired D6 S8 AP1 missles

whirlwind looking vehicle that had 13 front armour 11 side and fired D6 S8 AP1 missles

basically what happened is the set up was DOW and he set up first, i did not know at the time that his tanks shot missiles and not large blast templates like whirlwinds, my mistake. anyway i assumed he did not have long rage tank hunting only meltas and melta bombs so i moved 12in and did not get a cover save. i lost everything but a farseer and a serpent. as a side note my farseer made 14 invuls. and won combat unfortunatly he made his morale check.

ok so here it is if will be facing him in a 2000 point leauge soon so here is my 2000 point list....

HQ: farseer with fortune, doom, spirit stones, and runes of warding 145p

Troops: 10 dire avengers w/ exarch has bladestorm and duel shurken catapults 152p

10 dire avengers w/ exarch has bladestorm and duel shurken catapults 152p

Elites: 5 fire dragons exarch has tank hunters 107p

5 fire dragons exarch has tank hunters, 107p

TOTAL: 2000 points

he will be using the same list as before but in addition he will be using 2 more celestian squads of 6 with heavy flamers in rhinos.

please i need some advice how can i beat this guy!

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
Army Lists belong in the Army List Forum.

*punts thread*

Alzer

Exorcists are decidedly powerful vehicles. Also the huge amount of flamers/meltas that sisters are capable of wielding can make them dangerous. Hitting them out should be a primary concern. However they have side AV11 and guess who is more maneuverable?

It would be ok to have something OTHER than Fire Dragons and Dire avengers. Ya know, make a list that's mildly interesting. Maybe warwalkers, or banshees. Sisters aren't terribly powerful in close combat, they have some nasty faith tricks, but otherwise an eldar combat units should bring them to their knees.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The tanks he's using are called Exorcists, and they're very nasty. Make sure he isn't using melta rules for them though, that's a common mistake.

I see Alzer beat me to it, but take some Banshees instead of Fire Dragons. Killing the Exorcists is certainly a high priority, but you can't ignore the Sisters or Celestians either. For your Banshees, the Celestians are top priority.

You should also try to shave some points so you can upgrade some of your Wave Serpent's guns. I think you're underestimating its use as a battle tank. Consider taking an EML or some Star Cannons on one. Personally, the EML is my standard choice.

Your vehicles' positioning will make or break them. His melta guns will tear through your rear armour, but remember that your front armour denies him the extra D6 penetration roll.

Send your Farseer and his bodyguard (remember you can separate them if you want to) tank hunting. Witchblades tear through vehicles with a flurry of strength 9 hits. Keep the Seer Council fortuned (you'll need it) and use Doom liberally. The first challenge though will be getting them there. I recommend just going flat out with their Serpent (give it Star Engines if you can afford it) and dropping it behind his tanks, hopefully they're grouped together but if not make sure to get as many as possible.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ya it seems ive entered the wrong list here is the correct one....

HQ: farseer with fortune, doom, spirit stones, and runes of warding 145p

Troops: 10 dire avengers w/ exarch has bladestorm and duel shurken catapults 152p

Elites: 5 fire dragons exarch has tank hunters 107p
waveserpent w/ EML's and spirit stones 130p

5 fire dragons exarch has tank hunters, 107p
waveserpent w/ EML's and spirit stones 130p

TOTAL: 2000 points

i was thinking about scorpions in a waveserpent and outflanking them but i dont know if that is legal with infiltrate i thought it was only with scouts? that way i can kit the exarch to kill light vehicles.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I also play sisters. I agree that getting your seer council to his exorcist tanks is a key (usually the tanks will be stationary also!). Arm the wave serpent right and get a good facing and you might be able to take out/disable one of his tanks. If nothing else it will scare the poop out of him and force his attention away from your main army.

One thing that also eats up sisters is the Avatar as he's immune to all their fancy heat weapons. With fortune he should be able to survive the exorcist salvo (but with the seers, your also forcing him to split up his fire).
I wouldn't try and out-shoot the ladies, get them tied up in close combat with banshees or wraithlords.

-John

·
Registered
362 Posts
with their average toughness and low armor saves they scream, send banshees here. a squad or two of banshees would be good, you could also try your seer council on bikes, they can cross the field as well as a wave serpent, maybe even better.

warwalkers with star cannons and EML are a very versatile option

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.