Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the inspiration:

the result

the Coalition SAMAS always kinda struck me as a cool design...
alas, my skills at making sharp edges in green stuff still arn't up to snuff...

but, for my first major design / resculpting, i'm most happy with the result...

·
Registered
368 Posts
It looks enough like the original to be awesome, but enough not like the original to not be a copy...great job!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dah, didn't know if negative sculpting would work on Gs....

i'll be trying it out on the next project (a full GS figure...)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Smigs what a great idea!
Once I am finished my Blood Angels army (I have 4 HQs then done) and my Daemonhunters army, I am definitely going to make a Coalition...or Triax NGR Army.
They did make some miniatures over at Palladium games. Have you seen them?

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Wow, what a great idea for assault squads. The only thing that you might consider for the remainder of the unit is a thicker gauge of wire for the connecting pieces on the gun. It's a little too small on your current model.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smigs what a great idea!
Once I am finished my Blood Angels army (I have 4 HQs then done) and my Daemonhunters army, I am definitely going to make a Coalition...or Triax NGR Army.
They did make some miniatures over at Palladium games. Have you seen them?
yes, i've got a squad of skelebots.... i wasn't overly impressed with the sculpts (and the SAMAS one just didn't look good to me...)

as for getting the "blanks" to sculpt on, yeah Reaper makes some too, right now, funds are low... so I've gotta work with what i've got...

·
The Biker Marine
1,618 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but what are they supposed to represent in a 40K game?
Assault Marines, or are these Tau guns I see there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Smigs I would love to collaborate with you on getting the army made.
I was writing some things down and these are the ideas I have. Tell me what you think.

HQ
Force Commander Prosek (Force Commander)

Troops
Dog Pack with Psi Stalker (Scouts)

Coalition Soldiers (Tactical Squad)

Elites
Skelebots or Free Quebec Glitter Boys (Terminators)
UAR Enforcer or Spider Walker or Crazy Coalition Robot depicted on the cover of Coalition War Campaign (Dreadnought)

Fast Attack
Samas (Attack Bike or Land Speeder)
Sky Cycle (Land Speeder or Space Marine Bike)

Transports
Leopard I think that is what they are called..it's been a while (Rhino)

Heavy Support
Hmm what would be a good Land Raider? Death Skull Transport Maybe?

I am going to build this army or a Triax NGR army once I am finished so I wouldn't mind working out the bugs with you and talking abotu modelling options.

It's too bad that the Palladium sculpts are so bad but I guess this gives us the ability to make a Tourney legal army.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SmokWawelski ... not really built to represent anything in 40k...
tho, if/when i field it in 40k, i'll prolly call it a bike/jetbike...

Smigs I would love to collaborate with you on getting the army made.
I was writing some things down and these are the ideas I have. Tell me what you think.
I am going to build this army or a Triax NGR army once I am finished so I wouldn't mind working out the bugs with you and talking abotu modelling options.

It's too bad that the Palladium sculpts are so bad but I guess this gives us the ability to make a Tourney legal army.
using Space Marines... I'd say run Space Wolves 13th Co as the basis if you want "dog boys" (acute senses and all the fun) even regular space wolves would let you just run a "Wolf Lord" Psi-stalker and his pack...

the form I was thinking was running it as "white scars" style ("Swift as the Wind" SAMAS troops...)

tho, the idea of making furry scouts sounds amusing.... it'd take alot of fur sculpting...

in the end, i was thinking of using IG with Inquisition to build my version....
the hard part's making "deadboys" (CS Troops) ... space marines have too much on 'em,
and IG have too little...

the bonus with Inquisition would be having access to CS Special Forces/Juicers as assassins...

i'll put more thought into this at work today...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmmm Space Wolves eh? I actually haven't read their codex. Can they have Attack bikes?
Can they have allies?

For my CS I would definitely go with Marines with an allied contingent of Daemonhunters.
Juicer (Vindicare)
Juicer (Eversor)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they get attack bikes with counter charge and furious assault IIRC...

thinkin more about it,

the problem we hit is that SAMAS are geared more like Tau... burst cannons and speed...

Having rolled it over in my head more,
the bikes will work (move fast, and still shoot far) as SAMAS...

but standard marines are a bit heavy armored for Deadboys,
so one might have to just go "scouts only" for troops choices...

as for Land Raiders ... run a Mark V...

but then, i like the origional CS art more than the new stuff...

tho, in the CS War Campaing book the "Mauler" looks awful like a terminator...

and a GB-Killer would be a wicked furioso dreadnaught...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree with you I love the old art more than the new one..especially the dead boy armour.
I think it is okay if we go for Tac Marines for Dead Boys. I mean I remember playing the original game and I also remember that Dead Boy armour was the best armour straight up for a character (80 MDC or something) except for of course a Glitterboy with like 700 MDC.
I also think that modelling the face and head of the Dead Boys would be pretty easy.

What is a Mark V Land Raider?

Hmm the Mauler is huge though more like a Dreadnought.

Do you have any pics of a GB Killer? What is it?

I think Sky Cycles for LAnd Speeders would be wicked too.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What is a Mark V Land Raider?

Hmm the Mauler is huge though more like a Dreadnought.

Do you have any pics of a GB Killer? What is it?

I think Sky Cycles for LAnd Speeders would be wicked too.
sky cycle land speeders would work.... just be alot of work...

the "Mark V" is the CS APC in the Rifts main book... you'd have to remove the treds from a land raider and replace 'em with large wheels...

Mauler's only 8 feet tall...

tho, that makes them seem much larger...

alas, no pics i can find online of the GB killer...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is the GB Killer the thing on the cover of Lone Star? The big genetically manioulated thing or is that the Xitick killer?

Hmm yeah you might be right about the Mauler. If we could convert the terminators' head and legs it definitely could be a Mauler.

Hmm so Spider Walker for Dread? Or Enforcer?

Oh I want to make a sky cycle right now just for the challenge...however I have to finish up my Undead Blood Angels..hmm..

·
Registered
17 Posts
As for the Mark V I think I am up to the challenge...Might be better to do Mark V's as Rhinos...
I created Half Track Rhinos for supercharged ones on my BA. I am sure taht I could choppy choppy and replace with tires.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the main reason i said Mk 5 for land raider was the door in front...

the Coalition War Campeign book has a number of other vehicles... one that's even basically a Razorback with a skull on the front...

full of good stuff...

(why do i feel i've said this before)?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts