Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, just thought I'd say hello, since I've been reading all kinds of posts in here.

I'm fairly new to 40k, even though I bought my first models several years ago. I played one full game and loved it! I went out and bought too many models, started converting, even painted a little, then my daughter was born.

Three years later, Black Reach has prompted me to pull my models out of the back corner of the closet and give them another shot at reaching the battlefield.

It's almost three A.M. and I just finished painting the Dutiful from the Battle for Macragge set. I just wanted to get painting, so I didn't try any conversions, though now I want a second one to try out some ideas I found on this website. ;O)

Not going for any awards or anything, so there are some fine details I decided to leave out, but I think I ended up with some nice functional scenery of this non-functional ship.

Whaddya' think?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

I tried a couple different things with the ground, but I found when I put bleached bone with a bit of terracotta(base colour), it looked a bit too pinky for my liking. Then I tried it with a little bleached bone by itself on top of that, and it looked like too drastic of a colour change, so I took the terracotta, watered it down to nothing and washed over the offending bleached bone areas.

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
I actually like that you can see that it's painted. I wouldn't change a thing, it's artfull. (i should know, i'm a BA! :p )

·
Blistering Barnacles!
895 Posts
Looks very nice and I'm sure it fits into your army.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.