Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I opted to start a Warriors of Chaos army, and really, it's got to be pretty! So, I'm doing conversions on nearly every model in the army (even if they are only tiny conversions). I'm looking at big bearded bushy bastards norse/celtic styles. (Norse sorta dudes with celtic tattoos painted on.) Oh... with a "touched by evil demonic gods" addition of course. So, these are the beginnings, my very first attempts. Thoughts/criticisms/monkey stomps? Anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Very nice conversion work and some good looking bases too. Good luck with them. Quality over quantity works every time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
They look great but IMO the best conversions to do for Chaos is always Nurgle adding rot and guts all over it makes it look sickening but awesome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very true... but then every Nurgle army looks like that. My aim is to create an army of Humans dedicated to nurgle. Sort of normal people following an ideal. Only the elites will truly be touched with Father Nurgle's blessings. As for the others, it will be their surroundings (bases etc) their tattoos and ritual scarrings that display their dedications. Kind of hard to explain, but with luck the result should do that for me... *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys a little update on my work. This is the first almost complete squad of Marauders I have... sorry the photo aint great, its all I got at the moment and was taken from my phone... lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
The start looks good and the idea aswell, and you got some work to do if you want to convert the whole army, good luck tho.
Cant see the marauders pic good at all so cant realy comment on it :)

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
A Marauder Blog? How did I miss this???

I spy some old school chaos warrior shields and some warrior helmets on those Marauders. A blog after my own heart i think!! What have you got planned for the army? Any particular Gods or just Chaos Undicided?

I like the tattoos. Seems like you've actually done what I was always planning on doing. Consider me subscribed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Lord Borak! yea there is some old school stuff in there, just wait until you see the Marauders with 2-handed flails. There are some cool old school leather masks, wild celtic beards etc. Plans for the future? I am waiting on an order from the UK (so much cheaper than buying here in australia, I have saved nearly $170AU just for waiting a few weeks...) The order has a vampire count's corpse cart that's suddenly gonna be overflowing with diseased corpses, Nurglings and symbols of chaos.... for an awesome Warshrine to Nurgle! Plus I have a box of Bull Ogres who're gonna be very bearded and tattooed shortly after arrival. Also, I decided to save some money, and do a bit of a theme at the same time. I have a box of Daemonnettes that are gonna be converted to several Sorceresses in many poses ie: One on palanquin, 2 Mounted, and several on foot. Bad news is there will be so many green stuff hands to make (boo hiss!) but at least I will have lots of chaotic mutation pieces for my Mordheim possessed!

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Just incase you didn't know, you can still get those Mk1 Plastic warrior shields from the GW website. That's pretty cool as they had some nice shields and are prerfect for Marauders. Have you managed to get hold of some of the Mk1 Warriors? They'd make pretty good Nurgle Warriors. They make pretty good Forsaken either way.

The Shrine and Ogres sound good. Out of interest, why Daemonettes? They don;t sound very nurgly unless you're going to seriously convert them with Green Stuff. Why not use Plague Bearers or pick up some old school sorcerers from Ebay?

I'll have to remember that about orderering from the UK. I'm going to Aus next year.

Now take some more pics!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Main reason for the Daemonettes is my theme. I'm trying to make it very much a Mortal army, just heavily dedicated. So less direct influence of the gods and more screaming fanatics. They fit this idea so well, who couldn't imagine wild haired witches covered in tattoos and skulls throwing spells for the unwashed barbarian hordes? It just... rings so nicely! Although I have been influenced more towards some nurgley touches then first anticipated... most of the armour is already bronzed and ancient, but until now the weapons have been too clean. So I have been convinced that the 'non-magical' weapons should look a bit rusty. And it shall be done!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts