Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HQ
Archon, agonizer, drugs, shadowfield, splinter pistol, plasma grenades, hell mask
138 (Joins the Wyches in their transport)

Elites
8 Wyches, 1 Succubus w/ agonizer, wych weapons, plasma grenades, Raider transport w/ disintegrator

9 wyches, 1Succubus w/ agonizer, wych weapons, 2x blasters, plasma grenades, raider transport w/ disintegrator

Troops

3xRaider Squad 10 warriors w/ Splinter cannon, blaster, Raider transport w/ disintegrator - 3x150

10 warriors, 2x dark lances - 100

Heavy Support

3x Ravagers w 2x disintegrators - 3x 115

1494 total.

What should I do with the remaining points? Buy some more upgrades on the wyches(they are already kind of too expensive)?

Tactic: The two transports with wyches hide behind terrain, as well as the other vehicles(but the wyches should be safe at all cost). The 10 warriors with lances hide in cover. Turn 1 - transports with wyches try to get into assault range, raiders try to get into rapid fire distance. Ravagers strike at any MEQs - otherwise they go tank hunting. 10 man warrior squad gives AT fire support.
I am pretty sure that the wyches will get into CC on turn 1 - else, the archon can make it alone with drugs, I'll just be careful not to charge anything too dangerous(Black templar squads with Accept any challenge for example).

Edit: Fixed according to the 2nd ed. codex

·
Resident Mongoose
797 Posts
HQ
Archon, agonizer, drugs, shadowfield, splinter pistol, plasma grenades, hell mask
No need for a hellmask, trust me. Shadowfield=protection enough.

Elites
8 Wyches, 1 Succubus w/ agonizer, wych weapons, Raider transport
196)
Where are the plasma grenades?

9 wyches, 1Succubus w/ agonizer, wych weapons, 2x blasters, haywire grenades, raider transport
248)
Haywire grenades are unnecessary and very expensive.

3xRaider Squad 10 warriors w/ Splinter cannon, blaster, Raider transport w/ disintegrator - 3x155)
They should either be downsized or upgraded with some CC teeth for use as a backup.

10 warriors, 2x dark lances - 100)
Fine.

3x Ravagers w 2x disintegrators - 3x 115)[/quote]
Shoot for 3x Disentagraters and a night shield each.

What should I do with the remaining points? Buy some more upgrades on the wyches(they are already kind of too expensive)?

Tactic: The two transports with wyches hide behind terrain, as well as the other vehicles(but the wyches should be safe at all cost). The 10 warriors with lances hide in cover. Turn 1 - transports with wyches try to get into assault range, raiders try to get into rapid fire distance. Ravagers strike at any MEQs - otherwise they go tank hunting. 10 man warrior squad gives AT fire support.
I am pretty sure that the wyches will get into CC on turn 1 - else, the archon can make it alone with drugs, I'll just be careful not to charge anything too dangerous(Black templar squads with Accept any challenge for example).

Edit: it appears that I used older codex.
Most of your point values are right anyway, but it's the rules changes that you really want the new codex for.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback!
No need for a hellmask, trust me. Shadowfield=protection enough.
Just a little insurance
Where are the plasma grenades?
Hm, I forgot these.
Haywire grenades are unnecessary and very expensive.
I did not include them in the price - they were a leftover from a previous version.
They should either be downsized or upgraded with some CC teeth for use as a backup.
I'll think about it. I thought to use these to overwhelm the enemy with small arms fire.
Shoot for 3x Disentagraters and a night shield each.
I thought that the army will lack anti aromor power if I do that, Also, there were no points left.

I am not sure if I had calculated these things all right(a lot of upgrades, makes it confusing).

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
Here are my thoughts – just another point of view.

HQ
He’s fine really – I do not care much for masks either, I would rather have a trophy rack instead as you are guaranteed to activate. I also have the preference of giving a Lord a punisher when I know he/she is going to be joining another unit with agonisers (same goes when I put him in with Incubi in which case the lord goes with an agonsier).

8 Wyches, 1 Succubus w/ agonizer, wych weapons, plasma grenades, Raider transport w/ disintegrator

9 wyches, 1Succubus w/ agonizer, wych weapons, 2x blasters, plasma grenades, raider transport w/ disintegrator
I like these setups with only 2 exceptions. First, drop the second wych squad down to allow room for the Archon – this allows you to place the lord in either raider depending on the situation and what drugs the wyches get. For example, if the second squad gets the 12” charge then I want my Lord in that raider as the entire unit can charge together and not slow each other down.

3xRaider Squad 10 warriors w/ Splinter cannon, blaster, Raider transport w/ disintegrator - 3x150
I really like these guys and it really doesn’t take much to get them to close combat readiness. If there was points I would consider a Sybarite with an agoniser and use them as either a fire base or close combat support. Since you already have 2 wych squads then its not realty necessary.

10 warriors, 2x dark lances - 100
Ah, the only squad that would start in an “omega” mission – I don’t care much for this type of squad in your list as I think a 3 bike 2 blaster squad would be more in theme. Either one is a tough call so keep it as is.

3x Ravagers w 2x disintegrators - 3x 115
I think these are fine – at 1500 points I like the versatility of both crowd control and tank hunting, you won’t miss the the 3rd dissy.

Tactic: The two transports with wyches hide behind terrain, as well as the other vehicles(but the wyches should be safe at all cost).
Perfect.

The 10 warriors with lances hide in cover.
How “mon-keigh” of you – hide them in cover, don’t move them and pray you don’t get assaulted.

Turn 1 - transports with wyches try to get into assault range, raiders try to get into rapid fire distance. Ravagers strike at any MEQs - otherwise they go tank hunting. 10 man warrior squad gives AT fire support.
This part is fine.

I am pretty sure that the wyches will get into CC on turn 1 - else, the archon can make it alone with drugs, I'll just be careful not to charge anything too dangerous(Black templar squads with Accept any challenge for example). [/QUOTE]

I would find it rare that the wyches will make it into close combat on the first turn without the random “12 inch charge” drug. If you are playing on a 4’x4’ table or playing against an opponent that is not familiar with the DE then I don’t see any charges but the Lord may make it, beware and be familiar of how to resolve charging into cover with 12” charge drugs work.

Its not a bad list really, you could make this work as is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yesterday was my first game versus the new orks(both with this list and against them). He won with very solid victory(mainly due to my most stupid mistake when disembarking wyches - I wanted to use them to block the entrance for his kommandos and secure them from the front and rear with raiders BUT I forgot about that plan for no reason really).
The good things were:
- The Archon impressed me a lot. He killed a warboss(more than 150 pts) and good number of bikers all by himself(would have killed more, but a wound from drugs and two failed shadowfiled tests at once put him to sleep). I wounder what would have happened if at least half Wyches squad accompanied him.
- Raiders - they put out good amount of firepower. Really cool transports.
- Ravagers - these were just awesome. Very cool fire support, they are definately staying for the next battle.

The bad things
- Lack of terrain is very dancerous. Two of my warrior transports were downed, over half of each squad died in the wreckage.

The orks had, quite surprisingly, very good firepower - lootas with 3 shots each(and the strength of an autocannon. A whole squad of them), shoota boyz with big shootas, the bikers with twin linked assault 3 something and big guns manned by grots. I underestimated these and got most of my stuff shot down.
The orks' lack of any vehicles made my dark lances and stuff quite useless though.
be familiar of how to resolve charging into cover with 12” charge drugs work.
Um..How do I resolve these?

·
Archite of Caerbannog
1,582 Posts
Um..How do I resolve these?
Hopefully you already know this as I was a little vague. When charging into cover on the 12" charge drug you have to roll 2 dice. Take the highest result of one die and double it - that is the distance you can charge into cover. This also applies to WarpBeasts as well. Something to consider and I have had many charges fail because I couldn't get a decent result on one die.

I haven't played the new orks yet but I am not surprised of the outcome. I am not sure how you would block the Kommandos from entering the game but I am guessing he had Snikrot? If so I don't think there was any way of blocking them. As for the wyches, they would probably have to work together with the lord as to ensure there are no models in base contact to fight back - the sheer numbers will eventually take the ladies down.

Divide and conquer would probably be the best method but that is way easier said than done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.