Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know if this would work but i think it has a good punch to it.

big mek, kff

big mek, kff

x3 mega nobz
trukk

x3 mega nobz
trukk

x3 mega nobz
trukk

x3 warbuggies
twin rokkits

x3 war buggies
twin rokkits

x3 warbuggies
twin rokkits

x3 killa kanz
grotzookas

x3 killa kanz
grotzookas

x3 killa kanz
grotzookas

x12 boyz
nob pk, bosspole, trukk

x12 boyz
nob pk, bosspole, trukk

x12 boyz
nob pk, bosspole, trukk

total-1796

not sure what to do with the rest of the points. i want to try and get some more boyz in there but not sure about that. the kanz will walk up and lay wast to the troops as the boyz and mega nobz hunt down the scraps and the harder to kill units. the buggies will go after the harder armor. thoughts on the list?

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Issues

To me, this seems like a 1500 point list trying to be an 1850 list.

First, there is no reason to take more than one KFF. Have your armor huddled near it at the start, and then keep it behind your killa kans. If you already have a second big mek, then make a shokk attack gun out of spare parts.

Second, you probably shouldn't field rokkit buggies in groups larger than 1. I love rokkit buggies, but if you have 3 in the same unit, then units that fire a lot of shots can wipe out all 3 at once. If the unit only has a single buggy in it, your opponent will be forced to decide if they want to waste all of the unit's shots on a single 35 point model.

Third, 3 nobz isn't enough in a single unit. You need 6 nobz in a unit in order for it to survive. It might also help to add a warboss in mega-armor, and have him accompany a team of 5 nobz instead. Don't buy a new model, just dress up a mega-nob in orky things and call him a warboss. Drop one of the units of nobz and combine the other two into a single unit. Of course, this gives you an extra trukk...

Which leads to the fourth suggestion, add another unit of trukk boyz. The rule of thumb I use is that you should have 2 units of boyz (either sluggas in trukks or shootas on foot) in a 500 point game, and then 1 more unit of boyz for each 500 points beyond that. 1500 point games should have 4 units of boyz.

Fifth, I'd consider using big shootas or rokkits with the killa kans. It's really difficult to get killa kans within 18in of opponents. I usually use big shootas myself. These kans are dirt cheap, block line of sight, are deadly at 36in, and are a bargain to boot.

If you really want this list to be 1850 points, then go ahead and field all the rokkit buggies and a shokk attack gun (possibly converted out of spare parts), but you might want to consider either getting some lootas, tankbustas in looted wagons/battlewagons, or bikes. Any of those units would be quite effective.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i made up another list that i think is a little more structured and has more potential.

big mek, kff

mad doc grotsnik

x5 mega nobz
cybork bodies
x2 combi-scorcha
truck

x10 lootas

x3 war buggies
twin rokkits

x3 war buggies
twin rokkits

x3 war buggies
twin rokkits

x1 killa kan
rokkit

x1 killa kan
rokkit

x3 killa kanz
grotzookas

x12 orks
nob-pk-bosspole
truck

x12 orks
nob-pk-bosspole
truck

x12 orks
nob-pk-bosspole
truck

x24 ork boyz, shootas
x2 big shootas
nob-pk-bosspole

total-1850
vehicles-18
models-77

with this list i want to set up one side of the board with the slower units and the big mek then have the three truck squads and the nob squad with mad dock run ip the other side of the board all smashing in at the same time so my nobz wont get bogged down. thoughts on the new list?

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Better

This is a much more balanced list. I especially like the combination of meganobz and mad doc grotznik, as this will not only give them feel no pain and fearless, but you can now give the meganobz cybork bodies as well. That's a fine choice.

I still think that rokkit buggies should be fielded individually rather than in groups of 3, but it's your choice. I'd at least consider filling that single open fast attack slot with a buggy, however. There literally is no advantage to clumping them together in a group. How about 3 groups of 2, rather than 2 groups of 3? I think you'll find it's more effective.

I don't have much experience with grotzookas, so they may wind up working for you, but I still think that you're going to have trouble marching those cans within 18in range. Still, see what works for you.

You might want to consider leaving a single trukk with 11 boyz in it, rather than 12. This gives you the option of placing the big mek in there, if you're fighting a shooty army, like Tau. In those games, keeping your trukks alive becomes a larger priority than keeping the kans alive, and having the mek in the trukk allows you to move the save along with the trukks, rather than holding it back with the kans.

Also, it gives you the option of running Mad doc in a trukk, rather than with the nobz, in case you're fighting an opponent that has a lot of CC troops (like Tyranids or Dark Eldar), and you need to have a powerful close combat unit on both sides of the board at once.

Good luck!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I still think that rokkit buggies should be fielded individually rather than in groups of 3, but it's your choice. I'd at least consider filling that single open fast attack slot with a buggy, however. There literally is no advantage to clumping them together in a group. How about 3 groups of 2, rather than 2 groups of 3? I think you'll find it's more effective.
He uses 3x3 rokkit buggies. So their isn't any other Fast Attack slot open

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Whoopsie

He uses 3x3 rokkit buggies. So their isn't any other Fast Attack slot open
Oops! You're right. Sorry about that, I misread the list. I thought there was only two. Anyway, if you want to use that many buggies than go for it, but I'm not sure how you plan to keep them alive. Of course, 3 buggies can provide a nice screen, but do you really need three separate screens? It's up to you.

·
Registered
281 Posts
How many situations can you lose mobility and ruin your entire gameplan, just with 3 bolter rounds...Other than 3 buggiest..

With 9 buggies, you're NOT going to be able to hide them all in cover, so atleast 1 group of 3 is going to get annihilated, ontop of that..that fact that you're running 3 to begin with means they're either NOT going to get into cover (Remember if the enemy can target one, even the rear wheel, they can all die)
and IF you get them into cover they're going to be staggered and stacked upon eachother, meaning come the time for them to pop out and shoot, they probably won't all 3 be in range to shoot at the target....

If you want buggiest, fine...But just remember..they're going to die..and with 9..I'd say 6 are going to die and not do their job...They're going to not be far enough ahead to provide the wall you're expecting, and they're going to mean an additional 3-4 inches of movement on your trucks part to go around them..which means probably 1 more turn of getting shot at..

However, if you run 3 squads of 2.....You'll cut your points back first off, you won't have soo many to hide behind cover, meaning MORE maneuverability, and they can still effectively be offensive if tooled with the right stuff.

if you want "mobile cover" go with a looted wagon with just bolt on guns...Considering you can customize it to be orky, you can make it a good 2-3x the size of a warbuggy and it'll be perfectly legal..and it'll screen fantasticly and add enough additional armor to where Bolters can't kill it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i thought about it and i think im going to make some changes

i will take one boy out of a trukk squad and add it to the footslogging squad.

i am going to change the three squads of buggies to

x2 warbuggies
twin rokkits

x2 warbuggies
twin rokkits

x2 warbuggies
twin rokkits

with the remaining 135 points i was either thinking of going with another squad of lootas 9 total or changing the heavy support around. any ideas on what i should do with the remaining points, or where the list is weak and needs support? so far i think i have a good ammount of boyz and vehicles, and tank busting and cc power. thoughts?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I personally like this list. It seems a little scattered, but it has a good balance to it. As a thought, you could try dropping the rokkit kans and four boyz from the shoota mob and get a battlewagon. That would give you a high-av vehicle for your opponent to target, (to keep the fire off the trukks) as well as a transport for your shoota boyz.

As far as the buggies go, I personally like fielding lots of them with a speed freeks list. I use them as a mobile wall for the trukks, lining them up so that they block the maximum area possible. When you do this with units of three it covers more ground than any looted wagon could ever hope for, and in my years with orks it has been extremely rare for a trukk to be blown up before reaching the enemy lines due to the buggie screens. With that considered any damage they actually manage to do is just icing on the cake, and with larger mobs you become much more likely to get that critical hit or have a few survive long enough to get a bead on some rear armour. That being said, I think that you could live with possibly reducing the number down to six, either in two units of three or three units of two. If you did that you would free up a fair few points that you could use to get an extra trukk mob if you drop something else, (maybe a meganob?). The only reason I suggest this is that trukk boyz are the real bread and butter of the speed freek army and I feel like you don't quite have enough, but that is just my opinion.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
281 Posts
use those points to fill out the lotta squad, bring it to a max 15...

Remember they work off of mob rule too...so the more wounds in the squad, the longer they'll hold-fast..
Or another idea
Now here's an idea, you can drop the KK sqauds to 2-2 kan sqauds..one for Grotzookas (if you want them) the other for rokkits...

then you should have the points left for a nice Looted wagon with a bigol gun on tha front, and still have some points to add a loota or two or like gamefreak said, get yourself a high AV vehicle in there to add some "DAMMIT I KEEP GETTING GLANCING 1'S" to your list

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
after moving things around do you think the list would benifit from two sqquads of 8 lootas or one squad of 15. i know the one squad has mode staying power but that is a lot of points and could get wasted fast? thoughts on the lootas in the list. i am thinking of dropping down to three squads of x1 buggy with a twin rokkit and adding another squad of trukk boyz? but then i fear i might be lacking of tank busting power? ideas on that?

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you want tank stopping power, shock attack guns work quite well actually...if you're lucky..
Pie plate means it's ordnance, meaning it's gone on a 4+ damage table roll.

But you still have your kans..Your kans can act as tank poppers, but they move very slow...So you're in a tizzy, you've got the rokkits to KILL tanks..but they won't be of much use if they're stagnant or slow moving in a fast list.

You could replace the kans with some biker boys and a nob with PK...or you could take a kommando contingent with a PK nob with snikrot and hit the tanks rear.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok i made up this list and i think it has the most potential out of all of the lists, but i want your oponion,

big mek, kff, ammo runt

mad doc grotsnik

x1 warbuggy
twin rokkits

x1 buggy
twin rokkits

x1 buggy twin rokkits

x5 mega nobz
truk, cybork bodies
x2 kombi-scorchas

x8 lootas

x8 lootas

x3 killa kanz
grotzookas

x1 killa kan
rokkit launcha

x1 killa kan
rokkit launcha

x12 boyz
truk
nob, pk, bosspole

x12 boyz
truk
nob, pk, bosspole

x12 truk boyz
nob, pk, bosspole

x11 truk boyz
nob, pk, bosspole

x20 boyz, shootas
x2 big shootas
nob, pk, bosspole

total 1850

models 90
vehicles 13

i like the list but i think that having that extra truk unit might be too much. with the 3 units and the meganobz i think will be able to tear a hole on one side of the board. i am a little concerned about the two units of lootas, only being 8 strong. i have never used lootas before so i am not sure if that will be enough even if they do find cover. the only thing that is good for them is the fast approaching army that will hit the lines fast. i could use vehicles to protect them for a turn then move the vehicle and shoot the lootas. thoughts on the lootas squads or the list in general?

·
Registered
281 Posts
i still don't see a place for those loota's other than they'll be fun to use..

Now you could go a 15 man unit of loota's and save a few points, but they're still going to be in the back.....all alone..

Now if i was playing against you using my nilla marines, first chance i had i'd drop pod my dreadnaught or deepstrike some terminators right next to those loota's..and those guys are as good as dead because they can't hold their own in combat, they're heavy weapons so they can't shoot and move, so you're either going to run and waste a round of autocannon hell..or shoot...and then get mopped up next turn. and there goes over 200pts....

If you're going to run a "i'm going to eat your face off" army...
Make sure everything eats your face off...

what you could do..is take 1 8-10 man squad of lootas....

maybe a def kopta to sit back and protect those lootas and tie up anything that might be deep striking in to kill em off. even if the kopta doesn't kill it it'll give you time to get another round or two of shooting in with the loota's which could be the difference.

or like i said..some bikes...

Bikes are always kick ass. at the cost of those 8 loota's and 1 grotzooka kan you can have toughness 5 bikes with a 4+ save and 4+ cover save. each of which will have 3 strength 5 shots a piece...so the loota's MIGHT get 24 shots off they might get 8, and no moving...but the bikers can get 15 shots off gaurtenteed and be able to charge in with furious charge rules, meaning getting into combat will give you 3 more strength 4 attacks each boy and 4 powerclaw attacks.

And all of this is going to be highly mobile attacks.

So you MIGHT get 24 strength 6 Shots and then GET charged...
or 15 shots, charge, and an additional 12 Strength 4 attacks, and 4 Strength 9 attacks..ALL while being able to keep up with the rest of your Shoot and move army

loota's are a great unit, and I have them in the list i posted up here for input..I mean a bunch of autocannons for cheap? you can't go wrong...

but they're still fragile, and they are stagnant..Which is what your ork list is not..Stagnant..

your army is going to be RUSHING across the board like crazy...while your loota's are going to be playing plink and pot shot in a corner..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
how effective are tank bustas? i made up this list and am throwing the idea of keeping everything mobile,

mad doc grotsnik

warboss
pk, cybork body, bosspole, eavy armor

x10 tank bustas
nob, pk, bosspole

x10 tank bustas
nob, pk, bosspole

x11 burna boyz
x3 mec

x5 mega nobz
cybork bodies
truck

warbuggie
twin rokkits

warbuggie
twin rokkits

warbuggie
twin rokkits

x12 orks
nob, pk, bosspole
truck

x12 orks
nob, pk, bosspole
truck

x12 orks
nob, pk, bosspole
truck

x12 orks
nob, pk, bosspole
truck

looted wagon

looted wagon

looted wagon

the boyz, mega nobz, and the burna boyz will run in and assault. the warboss will join the burna boyz to add a pk in the squad. the tank bustas harass tanks and meqs running around, or punch out a squad before they are assaulted by the boyz. the thing that i am wondering is if it would be better to use lootas or tankbustas. if i use lootas i can take two squads of them and then upgrade two of the looted wagons with a boomgun but not sure if that will be any better. thoughts on that? keep everythign mobil or go with two squads of lootas to sit in the back and harass things. i think they would stay relitivle safe since there is so much rushing foward, and if something deep strikes they wont be able to take out the two squads and there will be two boomguns sitting in the back with them. thoughts on that i am tourn but i think that i like haveing mobil tank busting with the tankhunters. or are the tanks hunters even worth their points?

11 vehicles
86 models

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Looted wagon issues

Overall, the list looks good, but there are issues with the looted wagons. First, they need to have at least a single big shoota on each. It isn't for the shots, but to keep it moving. You see, if your opponent gets a hit, even a glancing hit, and gets a 'weapon destroyed' result, then your vehicle is immobilized instead, since it has no weapons to lose.

This means that if your opponent gets at least a single glancing hit upon it, without a weapon, there's an 83% chance it won't be able to move next turn, and a 66% chance it will never move again. With a weapon, the odds change to 66% that turn, and 50% ever again. Of course, you also have to take into account that looted wagons have a 1 in 6 chance of moving 12in forward every time it can move, and this also keeps the people inside from shooting.

Personally, I think it's better to either field cheaper teams of tankbustas, so it isn't a big deal if they die (5 tankbustas + looted wagon w/big shoota= 115 points, which isn't bad given what it does), or to field them in a battlewagon. The battlewagon is the more expensive option, but it will have a lot more staying power. It depends on who you're playing with, but since there's no exact model for a battlewagon, you could possibly field any vehicle and call it a battlewagon. I've checked and I can't find any rules regarding how big they have to be, but judges/players may say no, depending on where/who you play.

You might be able to get away with using looted wagons as long as all the units inside have bosspoles. Still, if those wagons blow up on turn one, it's a long way to the other side of the board.

On a side note, I think you're overdoing it with the tankbustas. They're nice, but I feel this list need to be able to deal with distant units more than they need additional anti-armor. I'd field lootas, kommandos, or bikes (dropping one buggy won't kill you) instead.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
ok i think i have the final list here, i wanted to cover all aspects and fill a full organization chart in 1850

mad doc grotsnik

x5 mega nobz
cybork bodies
truck
x1 combi-scorcha

warboss,
pk, cybork bodie, bosspole, eavy armor

x12 orks
nob, pk, bosspole
truck

x12 orks
nob, pk, bosspole
truck

x12 orks, shootas
nob, pk, bosspole
truck

x12 orks, shootas
nob, pk, bosspole
truck

x12 orks, shootas
nob, pk, bosspole
truck

warbuggie
twin rokkits

warbuggie
twin rokkits

warbuggie
twin rokkits

x6 tank bustas

x6 tank bustas

x11 burna boyz
x3 mek

looted wagon
big shoota

looted wagon
big shoota

looted wagon
big shoota

total \- 1850
model count- 90
armor-12

mad doc goes with the mega nobs for feel no pain, warboss joins the burna boyz to take out command squads or heavy multi-wound monsters, i wanted some shoota squads in the list to help against swarm armies. the tank busta squads go after armor or big armor, but will mostly sit in the back poping things. warbuggies take table corners and are a threat to rear armor if in good position. i think that the looted wagons will be able to stay alive for some time as there will be a lot of other armor on the board and probably more threatining units approaching facter. i will always keep the burna wagon screened to ensure thoes flamers go to good use. total of 17 units to set up on the board so i am sure i will get a big atvantage from that as the other army will mostly be set up before i am 1/2 done setting up. thoughts on this list? i think it is balanced and well rounded. the only thing i am unsure on it the shoota squads. im not sure if i would need them but i think that they fill out the army well. thanks for all of your help and input with my list especially drifster and mynameisgax.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.