Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I just painted up a batch of tyranids from the Battle of Marcragge set. I couldn't decide between a Kraken scheme or a Leviathan scheme... so I'm doing both! My army is going to be a hybrid mix of the two broods (hmmm... I hope this isn't expressly forbidden by the lore!). Soon I'll paint up a few models that have mixed Kraken / Leviathan blood to complete the ensemble. Should be interesting.

Kraken

Leviathan

The broods combined!

Some gaunts

...and some random spore mines. Not sure what I'll do with these.

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well done for your first nids they look great,

Though at least for me, one of the really huge aspects of nids is the customization. I would strongly suggest a unifying color scheme that does not follow true to either of the Codex fleets.

Regardless, your fleet, your paints, your time. They looks great none the less, keep up the good work, +Rep for you. Welcome to the Hive ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
AMZING!.. really really like both shemes! My behemot gaunts arent even close to that...

·
loves purple tyranids
601 Posts
As much as you hope the fluff will not change. Those two hive fleets were at two totally different times way to far apart for their to be a connection. I personally would go with the kraken because I like it more. You have a great paint job there either way you choose to go.
How long did it take you to do some of them?

Keep up the great work!!:dance::dance:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I am liking both schemes there, just the one that stands out the most to me is the kraken. I like the amount of detail you went with the schemes. Mixing them together looks a bit odd but that could make an army more unique.

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
They look very good. I think you should go with one of the two Hiove fleets as they will look better overall. I think my favourite is Leviathan. You have brought out the Leviahan scheme quite well. Oh and you should know that where you say 'some Gaunts' just after 'the broods combined'. Those aren't Gaunts they are Genestealers.

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
I agree with the twin scheme idea being a little odd, maybe you could combine the schemes somehow to make a new scheme? The pallid flesh of the leviathan gaunts could look quite good with the deep red of the kraken carapace, for example. Might need a little altering to look how you want it, but it'd be more fitting to the fluff if you did such a thing. For the painting skill itself however, theres definately no problems there, they look lovely.

·
Armored Cav Addict
993 Posts
Yeah, your Kraken is very, very good. I also think that combining the two would be an excellent idea and worth testing out on one bug. (As for the justification: A splinter of Leviathan met up with an old, wandering splinter of Kraken, and they ate each other.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts