Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, this is my first army, and was looking for some help, "fleshing" out my army. I want to have my lord be heavy into magic and the rest of the army focused on combat.

2k Vampire army list

Vampire Lord lvl 4 wizard
+1 magic level
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead

Vampire lvl 1 wizard
not really sure what to give him

Skeleton Warriors x 25

Skeleton Warriors x 25

Crypt Ghouls x 25

Grave Guard x 29
musician, standard bearer
putting the melee vampire with them

Varghulf

leaving me with 284 points. i'd really like input for what weapons my vamps should take, and other units I should think about grabbing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi, this is my first army, and was looking for some help, "fleshing" out my army. I want to have my lord be heavy into magic and the rest of the army focused on combat.

2k Vampire army list

Vampire Lord lvl 4 wizard
+1 magic level
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead

Vampire lvl 1 wizard
not really sure what to give him

Skeleton Warriors x 25

Skeleton Warriors x 25

Crypt Ghouls x 25

Grave Guard x 29
musician, standard bearer
putting the melee vampire with them

Varghulf

leaving me with 284 points. i'd really like input for what weapons my vamps should take, and other units I should think about grabbing.
i think you should put your casty vamp in the grave guard squad, your fighty vamp will make the combat resolution no problem (also give him Walking Death +1 more combat rez is sexy.) also maybe drop the skeleton units to 20 and add in command since 25xbase cost = 200 and command would ad about 20 pts to that. you are going to want the static banner combat rez and the champion so you at least get 2 skeleton attacks when your front rank is wiped. also drop the grave guard to 20, and give them the double unit str banner, you will out number except against like skaven haha.... GG are a huge point sink and since they can never be raised past starting str but can be rezed TO starting str. also great weapons might serve them better. on and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD take a couple corpse carts. always strike first kills everything (cept high elves and impact hits!) not to mention multiple bale fires really dampen enemy spellcasters. just experiment with stuff man. the book is too new and flexible for the end all be all lists (something the last incarnation was prone to.) oh yeah 25 ghouls run them 7 wide 4 ranks deep an extra 4 attacks with poison to another 20mm 5x4 formation makes up for the lack of a banner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts