Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lords:
Liche High Priest (Hierophant, Lore of Nekekhara, Lvl 4, Talisman of Preservation, Skele Steed) 270

Heroes:
Tomb Prince (Sword of Might, Gambler's Armor, Shield, Dragonhelm, Chariot) 207
Liche Priest (Lore of Death or Nekekhara, Lvl 2, Dispel Scroll) 130

CORE (948 pts):
40 Skele Warriors (spears)
20 Skele Archers
29 Skele Archers (Liche Priest goes here)
6 Skele archers on horses (Hierophant goes here)
5 Chariots (Banner of Swiftness, Prince goes here)

SPECIAL (325 pts):
1 Tomb Scorpion
1 War Sphinx (Breath, sting)

RARE (120 pts):
1 Screaming Skull (Sculls of the foes)

I tried to build mostly on what I already have (hence, the scorpion). The idea is to have hierophant on the move, hidden in fast cav unit harassing enemy from safe distance and buffing everything. Little priest either uses Death to snipe enemy heroes, or Nekekhara to give extra shots to archers/catapults. Warrior block engages enemies, chariot block deals damage, sphinx on the flank, and scorpion EBTSing behind enemy lines to sow general chaos.

Again, I've literally NEVER played Warhammer, so this is all pure theory. Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Never take spears. It's not worth losing the parry save for an extra attack.

I'm not sure that sticking your Hiero in a small unit of fast cav is a good idea either, but it depends how well your enemy is set up to deal with chaff. Against a gunline, expect to get blown away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never take spears. It's not worth losing the parry save for an extra attack.

I'm not sure that sticking your Hiero in a small unit of fast cav is a good idea either, but it depends how well your enemy is set up to deal with chaff. Against a gunline, expect to get blown away.
Heh, I have no idea why I build my guys with spears. I guess no one would mind if I just call them hand weapons.
And the idea for the horse unit is to provide mobility and LOS!. I don't intend to use it as chaff, basically stick it to the back of the line and relocate as needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hm, dropped the spears, one horseman (and horse command. WTF did I need command there for?) and 10 archers (going with one block of 39 instead) and added a Casket of Souls for 2001 point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts