Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

As title - I've finally gone and bought the new Wood elf book, and have made myself a new list to go with it. Most of the time it'll be fighting dwarves (probably a standard castle list) but I tried to make it good against most things, so what do we think?

Lords - Spellweaver - no upgrades - xxx

Troops

10 GG - Hagbane arrows, musician - 160

5 Glade Riders - no upgrades - xx

10 Deepwood Scouts - Hagbane Arrows - 160

5 Wild Riders - Standard bearer & Banner of Swiftness - 155

10 Waywatchers - xxx

and an eagle - xx

Total is 1005 (don't worry about the 5 as I'll mostly just be playing my mate) - what do we think?

Primarily, as I say, this list was built to kill dwarves - so the aim of the game is to kill the warmachines first before destroying the missile troops, and then just picking apart the combat troops.

The GG deploy right towards the back with the weaver (who will either go for shadow, metal or heavens, just in case a gyrocopter turns up) whilst the scouts and waywatchers deploy forwards to take potshots at enemy artillery. The eagle also deploys with the GG, and also tries to fly straight for war-machines in order to knock them out (and provide a distraction). The Wild riders start behind the eagle, but their aim is to charge a weakened enemy unit on the flank to force their way through and get behind, aided in that initial charge by the waywatchers if necessary.

The Glade riders will use their ambusher move to deploy as close as possible on the enemy flank or rear and charge a warmachine as soon as they're able - if there are none left they can charge with the riders or take pot-shots instead. Worse comes to worse, like the eagle, they buy another turn of not being shot at by organ guns/artillery for the rest of the army, as being so close when they arrive they can't be ignored lest the charge into the rear.

I'm not expecting miracles since it's the first list I made of the new book, but what do you think?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm not expecting miracles since it's the first list I made of the new book, but what do you think?
I think it's okay, but if I could just tweak it a bit...

I don't think you're going to need the banner on those Wild Riders. From personal experience, I find that slowing them down is actually the biggest challenge.

If you have a Treeman, take a Treeman and give him Strangleroots. That means dumping the Waywatchers and Eagle, but the upside is you have a Treeman.

Personally I have famously bad luck with Glade Riders, however, I wouldn't trade them out regardless. If anything, I'd give them Trueflight arrows and then I'd give your lord a bow and a magic item to make up the remainder of the cost.

What lore where you thinking?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts