Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reading some of the posts on the boards and a question came to me. If you take a retinue of Termies for a Brother Captain or a Grand Master and you give the Brother Captain or Grand Master Holocaust, can the retinue take Holocaust as well? Or can only a unit of Grey Knight Termies [ie an elite unit, not the retinue] take Holocaust as an option. Also...if you take a Grand Master, or a Brother Captain [who takes holocaust], with a contingent of termies that take Holocaust...and then you have your Grey Knight Hero take Consecrated scrolls can you then in one round of CC cast 3 Holocausts? Or would the Grey Knight Hero be prohibited from using Holocaust twice and need to use a different psychic power?

*Whew*...I hope that wasn't too convoluted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how it works is this:

it takes the combined mental energy of the entire unit to trigger the holocaust psych power, so u can only have 1 holocaust template per unit, and u can place the unit adjacent to any model's base of that unit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roger...but if you have your Grey Knight hero take the holocaust psychic power as well it was my understanding that you could then use 2 holocausts a round...and then with consecrated scrolls for that Hero...it might be possible to do 3. I agree that for the squad...they can only do one...my question was, if combined with the Hero it would it be possible to use holocaust 2...perhaps three times. From some of the posts I've read I gather that using 2 holocausts for a unit of termies is pretty much a standard practice though.

I found the following bit of information that provides us with some clarification on this in the Daemonhunters FAQ:

Q. There seems to be some confusion as to the status of a psychic power
chosen by a Grey Knight Hero if the Grey Knight Terminator retinue that
accompanies him has the Holocaust power. Disregarding concerns that
anyone might have about two Holocaust powers in one turn, the Holocaust
entry is unclear as to who exactly is using the power when it is purchased
as a unit upgrade.

A. The retinue may select Holocaust as a unit upgrade and so may the Hero who
accompanies them. This means they may potentially use Holocaust twice in a
given turn (one hell of a pricy unit, though). If it is the Grey Knight Hero using his
own ability that suffers a Perils of the Warp test, he alone takes the hit. If he is
acting as a conduit for the squad™s Holocaust power, they all take the hit. Declare
before rolling and blam, off you go.

But what about using consecrated scrolls...does this allow 3 holocausts?

·
Registered
178 Posts
yes acording to the FAQ the retinue gets a holocast so would the lord. all templates are placed off teh lord if he gets a parils of the warp on his own it hits him only. if it was the squads then it hits them all. the scrolls would give him an extra power.

·
Registered
50 Posts
fist a grey knight hero can not have a consecrated scrolls because only inquisitors lords and inquisitors may have it. second is that you can only have one holocaust because on page 12 it says: place the ordnance blast template anywhere in contact with the psyker ( or the brother captain in case ofa unit of terminators. but it also says on page 23 for the grey knight hero retinue that you can not have brother chaptain

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.