Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay just picked up some sisters of battle vehicles.

I get it that "heavy" in "heavy Flamer" means needs stable platform or you can't move an shoot, but is there any other rules surrounding the heavy flamer as far as template usage? number of hits? range?

or is it just...a flamer that's....heavy?

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
Interesting. I just looked up my copy of the Daemonhunters Codex and the Heavy Flamer stats there quote it as a Heavy 1! The SM Codex has it as Assault, which it of course should be.

Yet another one for the rules lawyers to exploit when playing DH lists!

E.

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
Check the Deamon Hunter's FAQ the very last bullet states that the Heavy Flamer is suppose to be assault 1 not heavy 1.

As for the witch hunter codex, check page 48 on the weapon table, the 11th row has the entry for the heavy flamer.

·
Dark Eldar Gerbil
1,522 Posts
Also in army builder it is a Heavy 1 weapon. Which is also incorrect. Would be such a useless weapon if it were heavy 1! You'd have to hope the enemy stopped just out of charge range! between 6" and 7" away!

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
If you have the current version of the 40K data file for Army Builder then it is correctly classified as assault 1 in the DH army list. The AB40K4 data file is currently on version 1.28b, so be sure you have the most recent version.

Also if you do ever notice that something is wrong on Army Builder, then go to the data file author’s website and report it. In my experience, the maintainers of AB40K4 are really good at fixing those things if they are aware of them.

·
Has a monkey!
1,630 Posts
Also in army builder it is a Heavy 1 weapon. Which is also incorrect. Would be such a useless weapon if it were heavy 1! You'd have to hope the enemy stopped just out of charge range! between 6" and 7" away!
What, like a multi-melta? 0:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.