Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i'm new to SoB, and was wondering how you get ap1 flamers against vehicles, as you never need to roll to 'wound'. It's been mentioned in the forums. I can see the benifit of flamers against anything other then a vehicle, but could someone explain how this works? Does it only count as ap1 when a 6 is rolled for armour penetration? I'm not sure. Any input would be great, thanks.
Marvus

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that, but the rules for DG say that it counts as ap1 when a roll of 6 occurs when rolling to wound not to hit, but you never "wound" a vehicle.

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Hmm... Nothing is said in the FAQ, but I would agree with it on tanks.
Altough most people would not as it is "against the rules", but I do think that GW intended to make it to work for tanks and infantry as well.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Agruably, in the letter of the law you are right, you can not do it, I would play the way above if I ever shot a tank with a flamer, but never have), which would probably result in a dice off for who gets to choose the rule

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Some people are nice enough to allow it (most where I play), but don't expect it in a tournie.
Btw, that reminds me when I flamed a Land Speeder (rolls a six to damage and then rolls another sig, my friend was very suprised to say at least ;) ).
Flamers are fun and never back down the oppurtunity to flame a BIG thing!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool thanks for your help.

On another rules question, just to clarify, SI's can be used once per squad per players turn, but more then one can be used in the army at the same time right? Just wanted to make sure cause to me the rules isn't overlly clear. Thanks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm pretty sure it can only be used once per turn per squad as it says it can only be used once per player turn, so using for another AoF would require it to be used more then once.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Absolutley, every sister squad I have has an imagifier with the exception of my retributors who are inevitably stuck at the back and small enough to fit into an immolator, the onyl faith they would be interested in is DG and that would be a waste fo faith to attempt with or without an imagifier

·
Registered
962 Posts
About that AP1 vs Vehicles question:

Agruably, in the letter of the law you are right, you can not do it, I would play the way above if I ever shot a tank with a flamer, but never have), which would probably result in a dice off for who gets to choose the rule
THis is a viable arguement, and I'm sorry to take you to task, but I would go the other way.
The sentence in question is below:
"Any rolls which cause a wound on a roll of 6 count as AP1"

My arguement:
The use of the word "wound" is not sufficient to mean "this never works on vehicles".
That is a substantial exclusion that would require a seperate statement.
I think if that restriction were intended, it could easily have been quickly stated. I do not agree that the use of the word "wound" constitutes such a large restriction.
Too far of a leap for me.

Further Support:
Rulebook p.66 gives special consideatin to AP1 "Armor Piercing Weapons" when shooting at vehciles. Now look at what it says about "AP0" weapons: can only ever glance. This establishes something important: AP value is definitely relevant to vehicles. We did not have this in 3rd edition.

Therefore, I submit the use of the word "wound" seems to be for the purpose of brevity, (all the faith acts have a consistenly brief descriptions) it looks like "wound" is lazy/brief wording, and is not enough to create a restriction that would make it inconsistent with p.66.

So, if faced with this rare disagreement, I'd make the arguement above before I'd resort to rolling it off.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It still raises the question that a '6' is needed for it to become ap1, so when does this roll of 6 come into play? or is it assumed to be rolled and just count as a six?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts