Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roughly in the time of the Horus Heresy, an impetuous young farseer, adrift from the true path, fell in love with a Prioress... hidden away from the Craftworld, they had a child. They lived in bliss for months, until an emissary from Ulthwe came for them. Apparently the farseer and his wife were as not well hidden as he thought. The emissary, with a twang of sympathy for the poor child, took him back to the craftworld, and his mother and father were executed.

That child became Farseer Pirauth, Pyroseer of Ulthwe

Points WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv.
565 6 4 5 6 3 5 3 9 special

Wargear: Infernal Dagger, Shuriken Pistol, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witness, Runes of Warding, Ghosthelm, Melta-Bombs, Plasma Grenades, Mind War, Fortune, Guide, Eldritch Storm, Burning Wings (counts as Jetpack), Melta-Bomb Grenade Pack (follows rules for Swooping Hawk Grenade Pack, but at AP 4), Defend, Sustained Assault

Special Rules
Flame of Cleansing - even among the seer-filled craftworld of Ulthwe, Pirauth is unique in his ability to create fire, and Pirauth can channel this fire into a Psychic Power. Note that this Psychic Ability maybe always be used, and does not count towards the two Psychic Power per turn limit. Note that the template always originates from Pirauth's hands.
Range: Template Str: 5 AP: 4 Assault 2
Infernal Dagger- counts as Sword of Asur.
Armor of Hatred - Pirauth takes an unmodified Ld test as an invulnerable armour save.
Destruction, and Destruction Alone - Farseer Pirauth is so focused on destruction that his fellow seers are afraid of him. Farseer Pirauth always counts as an Independent Character, but may NEVER join a unit. In Addition, all Eldar units within 6" of him make all leadership tests with a -1 modifier.

i only use this to play against my brother, for fun... tell me what you think... (ie cheese, beardy cheese, the State of Wisconsin) also points cost... the wargeear alone adds up to 200, so i think that 400 sounds right, but my brother insisted on him costing more than a tooled-up 10 man termie squad.

·
Tyranid Warrior Fanatic
2,668 Posts
I'd say he's even undercosted.... The way he does his inv save is cheese incarnate- He has leadership and you have to roll under 9 on 2d6 to avoid a wound? Sounds too good to be true to me. Plus he already has pretty high toughness.... And then he has 2 heavy flamers and those powers, the sword of asur, a jump pack, and sustained assault.... Even if the wargear adds up, I don't think you can combine most of that wargear, like the sword of asur and sustained assault (though I don't have the dex so I don't know- for the sword I'm just guessing its a super-power weapon or something). A power weapon, sustained assault, a jump pack, i5, and s5 with high ws.... Dangerously cheesy.... I'd put him at around 700-800 points, but to be fair also give him an extra wound.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not Really... Ayanna Arieal has 1 less T and same save and two wounds, and she's only 75 pts.
You can't combine wargear. Its an invented character. I thought about it, and sustained assault is the state of wisconsin on this guy. so are heavy flamers. his hand-flames are downgraded to STR 4 AP 5. Also he is now at W2, not W3

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Thats probably the cheesiest character i've ever seen...he has no holes in his playability, no weaknesses. He's fast, dangerous in and out of combat and hard to kill. No Farseer should have more than 4's as S and T....Eldrad was near 10k years old and he wasn't that powerful. Also his equipment total shoudln't go over 100(all special char's follow that guidline too).

He's technically priceless so i'd say yes...he's undercosted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts