Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So reading through the new book I wanted to see how people are planning on determining the AP value of their Flashgitz now. When reading the entry, it is not resolved similiarly to Lootaz entry where the Lootas indicate you make 1 roll. Reading the entry it appears that you have to roll per model, however from a player point of view this feels ridiculous. So here's the options I see

1. Make 1 roll for the whole unit similar to the Lootas, but again the unit entry doesn't indicate this.

2. Make 1 roll per model after hitting, prior to rolling the damage result.

Thoughts??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Answer seems pretty clear to me. The codex says to roll once per shooting phase for the units AP, so roll one die for the whole squad (pg. 56 in the Ork codex, in the snazzguns entry)

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Answer seems pretty clear to me. The codex says to roll once per shooting phase for the units AP, so roll one die for the whole squad (pg. 56 in the Ork codex, in the snazzguns entry)

Hope that helps.
Completely missed the word "unit" thanks for the smack :p !

·
Registered
358 Posts
How many people are actualy even gonna take Flash Gitz? They have nice stats, but are a wee bit expensive if you think about it. I myself want to make a small mob someday just for modelling purposes, but how effective does anyone even think they are?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
How many people are actualy even gonna take Flash Gitz? They have nice stats, but are a wee bit expensive if you think about it. I myself want to make a small mob someday just for modelling purposes, but how effective does anyone even think they are?
Well they do have nob type stats which is fairly nice not to mention you can give them a painboy so they are even more durable.

Also they are a very orky unit which always has its bonus to some people :C .

·
Registered
113 Posts
I say roll a d6 for each model but give them BLASTA, so they get bonus for AP, but they get GETS HOT!

A small pric e to pay in my oppinion.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I say roll a d6 for each model but give them BLASTA, so they get bonus for AP, but they get GETS HOT!

A small pric e to pay in my oppinion.
I personally would go with more dakka since orks BS is fairly poor which means that you need to try and get as many shots as you can get...not high quailty ones just numbers and hope the dice roll in your favor.

·
Registered
113 Posts
But under the new codex a units of flash gitz can take all of the for +15 per model.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Personally they look too expensive IMO. Thats a lot of points per model and I think the original concept of the flash gitz is confused. I always thought they were just a mass shooty force that could fire obscene amounts of shots at high STR. But that seems to be have been taken by the Lootas and now we have Nobs with big guns. Wouldn't it have been better to make their physical stats no better than the average ork but keep the gun so that their points cost would be lower?

Have people considered taking them as an alternative to Nob squads as they have Nob style stats already?

·
Registered
621 Posts
if the rumored changes to "gets hot " are true I think were going to see lots more of these weapons in use.
Also I think you roll 1 dice for the entire unit.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I disagree. Even if they change the standard "get's hot" rule, the flash gitz rule might still end up applying. For example, I could easily see them making it army specific IE Eldar/ Tau plasma weapons remain uneffected. However guard/ orks remain effected. There is no reason for the rule to be removed from the Ork book based on how new it is. However if they do... flash gitz points cost could be justifiable.

·
Registered
281 Posts
IMHO, Flash gits have no place in an ork army....Unless you just LIKE flash gitz, or have a themed army. they cost WAAY to many points are cover an area of play that the orks would NEVER want to be stuck in..

Loota's outgun/outrange them...So much they can put themselves out of harms way...for..20pts less per model

Nobs can use the waagh rule to their advantage, have more CC attacks..higher WS,etc..and can take Big Choppas which make them S6, and they'd still cost 10 less per model..

Flash gitz are really, mediocre. They have a 2 shot assault 1 random gun...They have a good Armor Save, but they have crappy BS crappy WS and crappy S, so you're going to be 24" from the enemy..getting your mini-mob shot to crap. You can't really charge them and get the upper hand using the waaagh, cause then you won't be shooting your espensiveazz-gunz...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do Flash gitz have crappy WS and Crappy strength? They have an identical stat line as a Nob? Thus when they charge your talking easily 4 str 5 attacks on the charge per model? They are viable at times, however the problem is there are units that can do what they do more effeciently on a more cost effective basis. Also they do not have a assault 2 gun, it is an assault 1 that has the availability to be ungraded. Flashgitz also benefit from Waagh just like Nobs.

If your going to say how usable a model is at least quote it accurately.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Hmm...

Looking at the flash gitz, I can't help but feel that you could do a lot better in shooting by taking the same number of points, and spending it on a shoota boy mob, equipped with 2 rokkits, instead. Either that or lootas. Hell, I'd even make the claim that 'big guns' are more worthwhile, on a point for point basis.

Flash gitz aren't bad, there's just more cost effective ways to fill the same niche.

·
Registered
281 Posts
How do Flash gitz have crappy WS and Crappy strength? They have an identical stat line as a Nob? Thus when they charge your talking easily 4 str 5 attacks on the charge per model?
Except they are a shooty unit, with poor BS so in order for them to be semi effective, they are going to cost you 35 points PER model, for 35pts a model..they have Crappy WS and crappy Strength...So 35 pts will get you 4 strength 5 attacks, No ability to use the Waagh effectively...

or for 15 pts less you get 4 strength 6 attacks, the ability to utilize the waaagh. and 2x the options...Yeah you get a nice save, can't argue with a 4+....But you got to sit at 24", which means you'll get HOSED

They are viable at times, however the problem is there are units that can do what they do more effeciently on a more cost effective basis. Also they do not have a assault 2 gun, it is an assault 1 that has the availability to be ungraded. Flashgitz also benefit from Waagh just like Nobs.
Yeah, they benefit from the Waagh, if they don't shoot..That's the point..

why buy a shooty unit...who you've spend 35 pts a piece on to make them even MORE shooty...Just so you can skip a shooting phase...

If your going to say how usable a model is at least quote it accurately.
Everything i said was accurate...

Especially when a full squad of kitted Gitz costs you 350pts...It's a squad that will NEVER be fearless unlesss you attack two IC's, which will put expensive IC's into harms way even more.

Or for 140pts less you get 27 shoota's and 3 big shoota's......

Or for 125pts less you get 15 autocannons with a 48" range

Or for 50pts less you get 30 4+ saving 'ard boys

Or for the same point cost you get 10 Nobs 7 with S6 CC attacks, and 3 Powerclaws and a painpoy giving FNP

Remember orks are not marines, there is no "all in one unit" for the orks..and that is what the Flash Git statline suggest...it makes you think they can have staying power, be shooty, and assaulty...but they can't..

staying power because of the armor save....But they're only 10 strong, so they aren't fearless..and failing 5 4+ armor saves isn't hard...
Shooty, yeah..but they cost alot..and they have to be damn close, meaning they're going to get pounded the next round..and you might just land an AP6 roll when you get into range....so you'd be SOL..
and assaulty? yeah, if they don't shoot, which is what you bought them for....

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am not going to argue their cost effective because they are not but thought has come to me neverless. How about attaching the Mad Doc. 160pts I knew but then you dont need to waste time upgrading a painboy, they would be half decent in cc and they would be fearless to boot. The biggest problem as they stand isn't there BS, I can still get 6 ap2 or better wounds a round (1 dead termie squad) but there low leadership combine with a lack of Boss Pole. Another solution would be to attach a Big Mek to them with a KFF and boss pole and take a painboy

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
missed the point

Remember orks are not marines, there is no "all in one unit" for the orks..and that is what the Flash Git statline suggest...it makes you think they can have staying power, be shooty, and assaulty...but they can't..

staying power because of the armor save....But they're only 10 strong, so they aren't fearless..and failing 5 4+ armor saves isn't hard...
Shooty, yeah..but they cost alot..and they have to be damn close, meaning they're going to get pounded the next round..and you might just land an AP6 roll when you get into range....so you'd be SOL..
and assaulty? yeah, if they don't shoot, which is what you bought them for....[/QUOTE]

I am not disagreeing that units have better usability. I was disagreeing with you point on their statline. The entire unit is essentially Nobs with shooty weapons. They have a good statline for Orks, but they have poor usability when compared to other units and what other units cost. No offense, you missed the point. My post was about the statline and your misrepresentation of it, but about the unit being good, as I do not think they are good.

·
Confused Corgi
447 Posts
Have people considered taking them as an alternative to Nob squads as they have Nob style stats already?
Actually, I have. I already have a mob of nobs with big shootas from last edition, and I have tried them out. Not too bad, but they always get shot up before they can earn their points.:X

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.