Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what i'm loking for is a flat black paint. A paint that hopefully has no shine once applied. I know black primer accomplishes this, which is what i'll be using. (gunna try and paint a grey knight, se how it goes) but i'm by far not a good painter, and when I mess up I dont want to have to apply chaos black over the messed up spot as it is shiny and the primer, is not.
Any ideas?

·
Monkey of Mystery
2,789 Posts
I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Won't you be painting over it anyway? If chaos black isn't matt enough then tamiya does very flat black acrylic.

·
Registered
328 Posts
You could also try a matte varnish from any hobby store and paint it over anything you want to not shine. It is clear so you just paint it right over whatever. This way even if you mess up it can be fixed like normal and you get a protective layer of stuff.

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
Testor's dullcote flat matte varnish will kill any shine on the model wether it be from paint or ink. I highly recommend it.

Cheers,

-Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Recently I was driving to another city and on the way my truck broke down. I called mobile truck repair. It's good that the guys came quickly and fixed everything, because I was in a hurry. I had to be in time to arrive before sunset so that there was no downtime and I did not pay a fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts