Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you declare charge reactions other than hold against things that charge using compulsory movement? I'm talking about things like Snotling Pump Wagons, Squig Hoppers and Chaos Spawns. Can you flee or S&S under the proper conditions?

Thanks

edit:
Also, completely unrelated, but do Skinks armed with poisoned throwing javelins count as having poisonous attacks in hand to hand as well?

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
It's usually given in the army book under the unit's special rule that defines how their compulsory movement works. This is totally from memory so I will inevitably be wrong and be smitten, but I believe if you charge via a compulsory move that doesn't have a special rule, e.g., stupidity, reactions may be declared as normal. It will of course by definition be impossible to stand and shoot anyway if you get charged by a unit that went stupid.

·
Registered
207 Posts
We had this come up in a game the other night with a Pump Wagon. We could not find any where in the 7th ed. book that said that you did not get your normal charge reactions.

So we let the Thunderers stand & shoot the poor Pump Wagon. If this is incorrect please let me know.

·
Fun guy from Yuggoth
772 Posts
Got home and checked my book and the FAQ. While I couldn't find the answer spelled out anywhere, the FAQ includes a question about fleeing from a charge caused by compulsory movement (such as from a chaos spawn). This seems to indicate that you declare charge reactions as normal.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
It's not very well defined, certainly. But usually when your ability to declare charge reactions is reduced (e.g. certain spells, pursuit into fresh enemy), this is clearly stated.

Reactions: Hightide

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
You'll discover that most compulsory/unusual charges have their own little descriptions. ie, it will say "No stand and shoot reactions allowed" or "normal reactions allowed" etc.

As for the Skinks, they're not using the Javelins in combat (being purely ranged weapons) so they count as being metallic and slightly sharp with no other interesting effects.

-AFG

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Checked my O&G book, both pump wagons and squig hoppers specify normal charge reactions are declared.

An interesting corollary. Are they inside half if they move less than half the distance rolled that turn or if they move less than half the maximum possible roll?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.