Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a unit flee more then once during charges phase alone? For example Units 1 and 2 charge opposing units A and B. Unit 1 charges unit A and unit 2 charges unit B. Unit A decides to stand while unit B decides to flee.

____11111________
____AAAAA_________

After fleeing the playing field looks like this.

____11111________
____AAAAA_________

Now when moving chargers say unit 2 failed charged , what would happen to unit 1 would they declare a new charge and force unit B to flee again possibly through Unit A? Or would unit B get destroyed where they stand and unit 1 carries out rest of charge as normal on unit A?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Hmm.. thats a strange one. I think it may eb covered by the fact that all charges and rasoloutions from charge reactiona happen simultaneously, but im not positive.

*calls for Rork* :)

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
The consensus in other threads has been that unit 1 uses the 'Enemy in the Way' rule to declare a new charge against B. B then performs another flee move directly away from 1.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just looking at the the faq errata section on the gamesworkshop website and it would suggest that unit B would be destroyed. Although not exactly the same it does imply that a unit can only flee once in the movement phase. It's shown using a different type of example though so may be wrong.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Hmm, the trick is to invoke the Caught! rule and destroy them the unit doing the moving has to actually declare a charge on them in the first place, it can't just walk over them incidentally. As they're already fleeing, their mandatory reaction is to flee. The FAQ definitely says you can't flee twice from the same charging unit, but I think you can still flee twice if forced to flee by different things like that!

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
Yes, I'd say this was an enemy in the way case (Only terrain etc. would fail the charge). Enemy are in your charge path so you'd either have to stop 1" away or continue the charge into the new unit (who have to declare a flee reaction). And you might still end up charging unit A as a result of another EitW.

Hmm.. thats a strange one. I think it may eb covered by the fact that all charges and rasoloutions from charge reactiona happen simultaneously, but im not positive.

*calls for Rork* :)
Charges are enacted in the order they are declared - pg 20 BRB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts