Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ahhhhh....
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happens when a fleeing unit is subject to Indigo Fire? Do the unit stops fleeing and fight as normal? or do they keep running but leaving the Horrors stranded in the open field?

*edited* I felt I need to clearify a bit more.. Indigo fire puts the freshly created Horrors in base to base contact with the front rank, but in the case of a target unit already fleeing.. do the spell still work?

Thanks

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
You cannot be engaged in combat while fleeing, plain and simple. Since the horrors count as charging, I'd say that the fleeing unit must immediately make a flee move as if they had been charged while fleeing (The horrors wouldn't really be able to pursue).

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Hmm, so if you flee directly away from the charger, and the daemons are placed on the front rank, does the regiment pull a 180 and run right back into the waiting arms of the unit that just broke them?

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
That sounds very fishy :0
It's not really fishy. You have to realise that this kind of thing happens when two (or more) very specific events come together.

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
I'ld argue that they'ld flee towards the nearest table edge, it's much neater that way (the horrors also face this way). For them to be destroyed would be the other option but it is a little harsh.
On the other hand they do not have a front rank at all so perhaps there would be no horrors at all. I can't remember how it works on skirmishers but what's the ruleing on spawning horrors for them?

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
On the other hand they do not have a front rank at all so perhaps there would be no horrors at all. I can't remember how it works on skirmishers but what's the ruleing on spawning horrors for them?
A fleeing unit still remains in the formation (in the sense that it doesn't change formation or become a unit of skirmishers) it fled in. The 'front' of the unit will be the side closest to the table edge they're fleeing to.

With skirmishers there's no ruling. And that could be one big argument in itself.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
I thought Fleeing units were treated as Skirmishers whilst fleeing. Even though you keep their initial form for ease, i though somewhere in the rules they technically adopt Skirm Form. Wish i had the rulebook on me...

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
I thought Fleeing units were treated as Skirmishers whilst fleeing. Even though you keep their initial form for ease, i though somewhere in the rules they technically adopt Skirm Form. Wish i had the rulebook on me...
They ignore penalties for terrain, and are only defined as a abandoning their formation and becoming a "disorganised mob". They are never specifically classified as skirmishers or like skirmishers.

But I'd say the direction they're running in is where the front is ;).

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
They ignore penalties for terrain, and are only defined as a abandoning their formation and becoming a "disorganised mob". They are never specifically classified as skirmishers or like skirmishers.

But I'd say the direction they're running in is where the front is ;).
Aha, yep that sounds about right. Agree with the front being the direction they're running aswell lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts