Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Yesterday a friend and I ran into a little spot of confusion during one of our games. What had happened was we were playing dawn of war and I moved all my raiders, venoms and ravagers flat out onto the table now due to the setup (an island table with lost of open "water") there was a lot of difficult terrain. Well when I moved flat out a raider and a venom both failed their DT test and thus suffered an imobilized, which in turn wrecks the vehicle and kills the occupants. Here is where my question comes into play, if those vehicles have flickerfields do they get to try and save the failed DT test since it is an invulnerable save?

As per our game we 4+ it and I rolled a 3 so I didn't get the save and lost an entire 10 man wych squad and a unit of blasterborn.

Thanks for the help in advance
Quixos

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, can't believe I missed that one. Thank you for pointing it out.

Quixos

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
At least you enjoyed the game.... some gamers get "obsessive" about certain rules and interpritation... a 4+ to see if you passed the Flickerfield save is good compromise

·
Registered
667 Posts
Even with the faq explaining it, I think the explanation of the Flickerfield is clear enough about the source of the effect it can prevent (the effect being the destruction of the skimmer/flyer). Failing a dangerous terrain test, unfortunately, doesn't count as a glancing or penetrating hit (oh boy did I wish it would).

On the other hand, I'm not surprised people getting confused about these kind of rules for equipment and how they are covered in the rulebook.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts