Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok time for one of my lists to be ripped to shreds by you guys. It's a revision of one of my old Infantry lists. This isn’t for competitive play and fluff wise is a light infantry recon force based in Mountains/Woodland/City fight so I want to steer clear of vehicles (more for a change from the norm than anything else)

It’s done well in the past against some nasty looking lists but I’m always open for ideas. I have 21 whole points to spare. I was thinking 'Vox' for a few select units but, hey, we'll see...

CCS - 105pts
Captain Schinoskii, P-Fist,
4 Vets, 2 Flamers, Medic

Cowboys Platoon - 292pts
PCS, Power Sword, Bolt pistol, 2 Flamers ((yes he has a cowboy hat))
2x INF Squads (combined), 2x Melta guns
I might combine these squads, I might not. I’m a bit iffy about combining without Commissars in there but hey, you never know.

Jokers Platoon - 182pts
PCS, Bolt gun, 2 G-Launchers ((he's the old laughing fat metal cadian lieutenant model))
2x Infantry Squads, 2x Lascannons.
Again I may combine these but I probably won’t. The CCS should be in range at least for a few turns to give BiD orders.

Lucky 7’s - 160pts
Vets, 2x Plasma Guns, M-Launcher, Demolitions, P-Fist.
I know the P-Fist isn’t needed but I’ve got a rather nice conversion I like using and he’s always done me proud.

The Jackals - 240pts
3x Armoured Sentinels, Lascannons, H-K Missiles.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
CCS - 105pts
Captain Schinoskii, P-Fist,
4 Vets, 2 Flamers, Medic
some cloaks would do nicely here. and melta guns. just meltaguns and standard. very important here. a commissar would work fine for fluff.

Cowboys Platoon - 292pts
PCS, Power Sword, Bolt pistol, 2 Flamers ((yes he has a cowboy hat))
I might combine these squads, I might not. I’m a bit iffy about combining without Commissars in there but hey, you never know.

PCS with cloaks and medic and melta guns. if you want mobility for your infantry squads and split them up. it would be handly to have some conscripts too.

Jokers Platoon - 182pts
PCS, Bolt gun, 2 G-Launchers ((he's the old laughing fat metal cadian lieutenant model))
2x Infantry Squads, 2x Lascannons.
Again I may combine these but I probably won’t. The CCS should be in range at least for a few turns to give BiD orders.

Leave it to the vets. with this build up.

10x vets
4x sniper
1x autocannon

Lucky 7’s - 160pts
Vets, 2x Plasma Guns, M-Launcher, Demolitions, P-Fist.
I know the P-Fist isn’t needed but I’ve got a rather nice conversion I like using and he’s always done me proud.

hmm, not sure.

The Jackals - 240pts
3x Armoured Sentinels, Lascannons, H-K Missiles.

not sure as well.

the alternative list that i can think of is this.

1x CCS
2x Melta gun
1x Medic
1x Cloak
1x Regimental banner

1x Marbo

PLATOON 1
PCS
3x melta gun
1x Medic
1x cloak

1x Infantry squads
1x melta gun

1x Infantry squads
1x melta gun

PLATOON 2
PCS
3x melta gun
1x Medic
1x cloak

2x Infantry squads joined

20x Conscripts

2x scout sentinels
1x mutli-laser
1x Heavy flamer ( to keep with fluff )

2x scout sentinels
1x mutli-laser

not sure how many points. may be abit over, because i can't find the codex yet :p.

thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
281 Posts
I like the look of the list, nice and compact. I'm not sure the missile launcher on the vets fits particularly with the P-fist and dems and I'd be concerned as to whether it would get many shots off. I personally don't see regular commissars fitting in with the light infantry woodland/mountainous theme but it's your regiment :p I might try to fit Marbo in tho, his sneaky-beaky approach seems quite light infantry to me.

Also Nova PCSs cannot take camo-cloaks, as far as I can see its just Company Command, Commi-lords and vets that can.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EARNIE: Nah you're right, PCS can't take Camo. A Medic in a PCS is a waste of points as well. He's double the standard cost of the unit so just isn't worth it in my opinion.

Nova, as to your proposed list my comments are in Blue.

the alternative list that i can think of is this.

1x CCS
2x Melta gun
1x Medic
1x Cloak
1x Regimental banner
Thats fine but on foot i think it's a bit of fire magnet. It's fine though. I might try Melta guns in my HQ but i'm just worried that with Melta guns and a big Flag they'll be shouting "hey i'm important! shoot me first!"

1x Marbo
Sounds good i'll see if i can squeaze him in somewhere.

PLATOON 1
PCS
3x melta gun
1x Medic
1x cloak
I can't take Cloaks on a PCS and the Medic doubles the cost of the unit so it's not value for points. Again, Meltas are fine but i'd prefer them in infantry squads for the same reasosns as the CCS.

1x Infantry squads
1x melta gun

1x Infantry squads
1x melta gun

PLATOON 2
PCS
3x melta gun
1x Medic
1x cloak
Same as above.
2x Infantry squads joined
Where are the guns? Infantry with no special/Heavy weapons are a waste of points
20x Conscripts
With no Commissar Lord these boys will run at the first sign of trouble. Also taking some over eager youths on a Stealthy Recon mission might lead to problems so i don;t think it fits with fluff.
2x scout sentinels
1x mutli-laser

2x scout sentinels
1x mutli-laser
Mixing weapons is a bad idea. The whole point of taking those Sentinels was to give me mobile Heavy Weaponry to support the advancing Infantry. These guys add nothing to the list that the Infantry don;t do themselves.

Thanks for the effort Nova but that list just hasn't got any long ranged power what so ever. Anything thats got an Armour Value will just laugh at me, Hell i can't even hurt Land Speeders at over 12inches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.