Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, me again here...

I just bought my first squad of chaos raptors, I kinda needed some fast attack...

When reading the codex it says to me (not litterally) that raptors have deamonic flight, not specifically jetpacks.
So I'm thinking of adding wings to every one of the models, the problem then is, drum roll please...

Which wings to use?
Any suggestions, though I won't take the advice on using bloodthirster wings seriously...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hmm maybe the wings of Furies? I have no idea how big they are though... you could also use the jump packs of the old Raptors, they're a pretty sweet mix of wings and jump pack.

·
Registered
131 Posts
2nd edition tyranid gargoyle wings look really good on marine sized models. Bornin's idea of wings from furies is cool too. Another possible source of wings if you want feathery ones would be wood elf warhawks or fantasy great eagles.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've though of the feather ones, they'll be kinda big though, but I'm considering them...
The old raptor wings are pretty cool, I've used em before on one occasion...

I thought of the old gargoyle wings in WHFB too, but i don't like em very much...

But I'll have a look at the nids wings too.

For the champion I was thinking of some more eyefalling ones, so I can use him as the general if I need too...
I thought of the wings from the old deamon prince model, the leathery ones, but the ones I have I can't get them of the model they are currently on...

Just keep coming with suggestions...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hmm while the wings of the old DP are cool, they're kinda big, I think too big for marine sized models. Problem is I'm not into WFB so I don't know much about the models either.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you mean the old DP wings as the ones that are like the powerful batwings...
I mean the ones where you can see souls trapped in the wings, the ones that are quite reinforced with yea you proparbly know...

I'll be looking into the GW archives this week, I'll tell you what I find...

Kasutta!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Hmm, maybe you could check the gallery, I got a pic of my WE Daemon Prince (little blurry but anyway), he has the wings I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm I think I know what you mean... I got them...
I think they are kinda too big and "unmoving" for me..

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Yeah if you'd use those wings on Raptors they wouldn't 'fit' with the model, as the Raptors are quite dynamic whilst the wings are made for more static models. But their mainly too big :) .

·
Registered
819 Posts
mabe if you clip wings from the furies, you could use the remining wingless furies as hounds of chaos. just a thought.

fureie wings are probably your best bet. such a waste of $, to use em just for the wings. im su you'll think of somthing.

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
Fury wings, definitely. Or you could use harpy wings from the dark elf range, i think

·
Registered
58 Posts
well for my chaos lord i found an old model plane and im gonna use them to represent daemonic flight! so use watevers on hand

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.