Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
When I got into the hobby and was in that lovely stage of 'which army should I pick!?' I already knew that I wanted an evil army, because I'm always on the side of evil in every game, movie, story etc (can't help it). I was just looking at all the boxes they had in the store, and I loved the spikes, the ancient look, the mutations and everything else about the Chaos models (I think the Juggernaut and Dreadnought really caught my eye at the time). When I found out they were pretty much mankind's greatest nemesis the choice wasn't particularly difficult :D .

·
850 Posts
Not sure about myself but I been playing a couple armies in the past(Tyranids, though they were not a complete army; and Space Marines, they were there to get me into the rules of WarHammer 40k and to see how I should do tactics which failed), but now I think I like the prospect of an assault army that also can have good weapons to help the assault guys get in combat. So I decided to go for GrandFather Nurgle! I read that palgue marines were one of the best troops because they can have two models in a game. They can be either a fire squad or a death HtH squad. Also thier toughness 5 helps them out alot. but putting them into a rhino is good to get them where they need to be.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I first started playing tzeentch in epic cauz the evil characters are always the coolest. Later on I ended up playing Dark Elf in BloodBowl but now when im building a 40k army I really felt like i had to go back to my roots.
Back to my master Tzeentch with all his wonderfully magic, twisted, solemn and beautifull toys on the battlefield. :)

Chaos was the natural choice... khorne felt too... simple and childish sort of...
.... nurgle is just plain ugly.... I almost fell for slaanesh , but in my heart I know
Im a tzeentch guy... even though it often seems like khorne is the most popular and powerfull... maybe because of that actually...

funny thing is that my friend just choose space wolves... my nemesis muahahhaahaha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like most of the respondee's, I usually play the villans, or the side with the neatest monsters, and chaos fit both descriptions. I choose Slaanesh the moment I read his description in the old Chaos army book, his patron colors are some of my favorites, I prefer Beauty and Style to actual power, and androgenious beings whom radiate a sense of beauty that can charm anyone have always appealed to me.

·
850 Posts
Hey Pharadot where did you get that anime girl? she looks cute. And yes I am a very lonly and sick teen and has no life but watching japanese anime and doing WarHammer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its of Misonou Kai from the game Angel's feather as a child, in the actual game he looks like this. There is a sequal coming out next year that I believe has the entire cast as kids though.

·
850 Posts
Hey thanks. I really like anime also, so they sorta got me curious.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I first got into 40k with my crons. I was curious about the other races but wasn't really looking into any of them, just glancing over my friends codex's and such. But one day I took hold of the holy bible...er...chaos codex, and instantly became addicted, I loved their fluff and models, and also their flexibalty (something necrons lack almost completly ) And most of all the Night Lords caught my eye. I knew I was chosen to lead a mighty legion of night lords, in the name of the night haunter, to bring justice to the imperium!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Well, I kept getting all these wierd thoughts in my head to start playing 40k again, and I used to have a chaos army, but I hated the old codex, and I wasnt aware that they made a new one, so I was about to play tau, but then all of a sudden, another voice kicked me across the face and told me I was Abaddon, so I guess I had no choice but to lead my black legion.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
In 2nd Ed I had a small Death Guard army, played Tzeentch in Fantasy, Chaos in Blood Bowl. Always liked the Night Lords colour scheme but the CSMs were awful minis so I didnt bother buying any. Then w/ the new range I realised that it had to be Night Lords! Always loved the fluff of Chaos too.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I used to play Catachan, and used to love the hell out fo em, untili stopped playing warhamer for a while due to excessive partying and school, such and such...

One day when i got back into 40k, I realised that I wanted a new army, because Catachans kept getting raped tough. I went to my not-so-local games shop and perused around. My mind was set on Tau, and I wanted to get the sparkly new shooty-as-hell army. But the shop had no Tau codex, and only one box of fire warriors! I was *****ed, and about to storm out of the store, when i noticed that chaos had a NEW codex/bible... I picked it up, thumbed through the pages, and I fell in love with chaos. I also looked at the new minis, and I was hooked. I said f*ck the blue skinned bastards, GLORY TO THE WARP! :0

·
850 Posts
very touching story. GLORY TO THE WARP! and LET THE GALAXY BURN!

·
1,019 Posts
It was a slow progress...

My first introduction the the 40K universe was through the wrongful teachings of the eccliesarchy and the treacherous word of the Emperor.
I was shown the "glories" of the Imperium and nudged in the direction of good. But...
From the shadows a voice called, a voice clearer than an angels and sweeter than a hymn.
That voice was the voice of Chaos.
It explained the true nature of the galaxy, how the Emperors fallen Legions had THEMSELVES been betrayed. And how humanity would never survive without allying with Chaos.
It showed me the wonders of the Warp

And the veil of deception dropped from my eyes.

For the first time i saw clearly.
For the first time i saw truth.
And i myself felt betrayed...

I pledged my soul to the Gods of chaos and i chose my path...That path was Terror.
The call of the Night Haunter rang through my mind and i graciously acknowledged his word, and i took up arms and built him a glorious Warhost.

Under me did the forsaken rally and together did we CRUSH the Imperial resistance in our sector. And the blood of the traitors flowed freely, their bodies consumed in the fires of chaos.

And upon the world of E'Tarigo did my path to ultimate glory begin. I had ascended through the ranks of countless war-chiefs, Lieutenants and beasts of power.
And finally i took up the mantle of Chaos Lord.

Now the path is clear, our way has been revealed, and the misguided Imperium shall BURN!

Now you know the story of my "birth" human, let it stand as a monument to the awesome powers of Chaos.

GLORY TO THE WARP! DEATH TO THE IMPERIUM!

So speaks the Thrice damned Lord of The Darknight, The Whisper in the dark, and Champion of Chaos Undivided: Rior Von Koln (PrOtOcoN)

What?
I have a flare for the dramatic...And i like the "soul-burning-evil" thing as well :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
i was brought into the world of 40K by the scum of the emporor.

i was to be an addition to the cripples cause

but i saw the truth and got out while i still could, i found sanctuary amoung Daemons and the Damned ( some of them were quite nice actually ... ) buit i grew weary of the un-neccisary screaming of the damned and found my way to the ranks of the waiting Chaos Space Marines where i do what i promised to when i saw the truth all those years ago

I spread discord and misery where ever i tread
i spread ruin where i can reach and further
and most of all i detract from the one who seeks to persecute me the most, i help kill a little of mankind every day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since I love space, Sci-Fi, horror movies and crazed priests , finally came to a rather obvious decision...

Word Bearers.

I love to deploy a rather small force on the board, with every unit wielding icons and banners to please the gods.
The force takes some hits while moving towards the enemy, only to explode in a flurry of deamons hacking and slashing at all that stands in my way..... Mwuahaha.

Glory to Lorgar.

·
850 Posts
I was wondering from some of you IW players, if the IW have some simple tactics to play. I was thinking in the future to play a 3000ish pt army, when I get an job and the money.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by Lorgar's Chosen@Sep 18 2003, 21:30
Since I love space, Sci-Fi, horror movies and crazed priests , finally came to a rather obvious decision...

Word Bearers.

I love to deploy a rather small force on the board, with every unit wielding icons and banners to please the gods.
The force takes some hits while moving towards the enemy, only to explode in a flurry of deamons hacking and slashing at all that stands in my way..... Mwuahaha.

Glory to Lorgar.
I really like Word Bearers what are they like to play with?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.