Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but something occured to me today... if the Tau Empire is wholly surrounded by the Imperium (as I believe it is), does that mean that if, say, Chaos fights and defeats the Tau, they're gaining more land for the Imperium? And that if, say, Orks attack and get beaten by Tau... the Tau gain some more of the Imperium? :blink:

Interesting...

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
Nooo...

The Tau Empire is surrounded on three sides by the Imperium. The fourth is where the Tyranids are attacking from. Check the back of the Tau Codex. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Um, yes... but are you seriously telling me that a Chaos force is going to take the long way through Imperial Space, just to attack the Tau from the far side? B)

Come to think about it... even if they do, that would seem to mean that if, say, an element of Alpha Legion attacks and is defeated, the Tyrannids just up and leave and give some of a planet to the Tau... :blink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I asked one of the guys in my local GW and he said that Tau can fight everyone but if they beat a forces of disorder army it will count as a win for the forces of order and vice versa. I guess on the Tau warroom any wins tau gets will just make the % go + and if they lose matches just making it go down.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Pavilion@Jul 5 2003, 11:59
I asked one of the guys in my local GW and he said that Tau can fight everyone but if they beat a forces of disorder army it will count as a win for the forces of order and vice versa. I guess on the Tau warroom any wins tau gets will just make the % go + and if they lose matches just making it go down.
Um... I really hate to say this, but I'm pretty certain that he's wrong.

Or at least that's what the guys at my store and club are fairly sure about.

Yes, we can fight everyone, but our victories are *our* victories. We don't affect what happens on either side of the Eye of Terror area - except that if Forces of Disorder lose a battle against us, it counts as one of their losses overall. But it doesn't apply to a particular sector, and certainly the Forces of Order - all busy elsewhere - don't claim a victory for not doing a thing while we tear down our opponents. Of course... so far its been an extremely bloody stalemate, but hopefully the Tau should have some more impact soon...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I have already won 2 battles in your sector, so beware...
Most obvious the Tau empire will increase in size, cause all tau have to fight in one area, while the attacking forces most fight in and around the eye of terror in addition to the Tau system...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.