Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never tried to make use of the extra HQ that Wolves get, so I thought I'd see what I could do.
This is a small list, very small, all things considered, it has a grand total of combat 4 units, 3 of which have drop pods, and the other in a transport.
Basically, each of the HQ's starts with a Troops choice (Wolf Priest with the Blood Claws, Rune Priests with the Grey Hunters), and they all just do what they do. The Dread drops in the second wave, and proceeds to tear things up while it survives.

Fortelling of the Runes (1500 pts)
Space Wolves Roster

HQ:

Rune Priest (173 pts)
- Chooser; Wolftooth Necklace; Storm Bolter; Master of Runes; Fury of the Wolf Spirits; Living Lightning

Rune Priest (173 pts)
- Chooser; Wolftooth Necklace; Storm Bolter; Master of Runes; Living Lightning; Murderous Hurricane

Wolf Priest (120 pts)
- Wolftooth Necklace; Crozius Arcanum; Combi-Meltagun;

Elite:
Dreadnought (170 pts)
- Extra Armor; Wolf Tail Talisman; Assault Cannon; Dreadnought CCW; Heavy Flamer
- Drop Pod

Troops:
Grey Hunters Pack (210 pts)
9 Grey Hunters - Wolf Standard; Meltagun; Power Fist
- Drop Pod

Grey Hunters Pack (210 pts)
9 Grey Hunters - Wolf Standard; Meltagun; Power Fist
- Drop Pod

Blood Claws Pack (190 pts)
11 Blood Claws - Flamer; Power Fist

Heavy Support:

Land Raider Redeemer (250 pts)
- Multi-Melta

Total Roster Cost: 1496
Models in Army: 37

·
Cheeeese
559 Posts
Hey. Nice and fluffy list.

My general comment is that is seems a little immobile/short range fire power.

I see the point with a Redeemer to get up front. But maybe a vanilla LR will give you some needed long range antitank.

Since you don't intend to max your GH to 10, but want them to have some CC-punch, i would have considered dropping 1 more from each of the GH squad and the BC, and dropping the PF, and then give them each a WG with PF. Not that much more expensive, and you get a extra A and better LD. If you want the anti-vec you could give some of them a combi-bolter with melta.

The points i would have taken from dropping some of the equipment on the dread.

:beer:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts