Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a more affordable way to get the rules for some of the forge world models other than forking out the $80-100US (I'm guessing) for the rulebook. I just can't justify spending $90 on the rules for 30 tanks, which are going to cost me $50-100 to buy after the rules.

Obviously, there are naughty ways to do this. We don't get to talk about them though, so please don't bring them up as I'd rather not have the thread locked before I get an answer. :) Thanks.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Sorry, a few tanks have experimental rules that published on the webpage, other than that, you have to buy it from either Forgeworld or second hand.

But when it comes to this, I think GW really should have aproached it in another way, with such expensive minis I think that they could have included the rules with them. But they're always trying to squeze that extra buck from us gamers.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I agree but there is always ebay to get cheap(er) stuff. Not sure if any forge world rulebooks are for sale-have a search.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I believe there are softcover versions of the book. Much cheaper, and they regularly pop up on Ebay.

Also, every year they release updates which add new models they made over the year and have revisions of older models.

Finally, although it may not be "official" Army Builder does include rulesets from Forgeworld for some of its models (Titans, etc.) It doesn't have them all it seems, but some of the decent ones.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
There are not soft cover rules on the newer IA books.

Bob, one of the best tricks is to pick up the PDFs when the minis are released, the rules are generally experimental, but rarely change, although this may cause you problems in tourneys.

Is there a specific set you are after?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts