Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been searching high and low for any updates on this. But it seems that after games day, the search stops. What I have gathered is that it is going to be in between the size of a warhound/ reaver titan. It is also going to cost money wise in between these 2 as well. The pictures of him standing static are only a very very rough draft preview.

Apparently Tony Cottrell said that there may be variants for psy titans (warlocks), the head will open up like the rev titan, and it will be complete by games day (August 21st, 2010 ).

Also I want to say that none of these pictures are mine, they have all been found through the many different warhammer forums on the internet. I just want to compile them all together and give people a chance to contribute , should there have been something I missed.

Here are pictures of the armor cast phantom and warlock:

Here is an interesting sketch, that someone claims it to be the work of jess goodwin, as you can see from the sketch of the phantom it is working on matching them.

Here is a youtube video where at 3:15 you will see some mock pieces of the titan's legs:
YouTube - Forgeworld Open day 2010-Part 1

That's all I have managed to russle up for Eldar rumors specifically about the phantom titan that forge world is producing.

Thanks for reading guys.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Rep for the research work, that looks a fantastic model. Thanks.

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Yay! The Eldat are finally getting a proper titan! The only thing I'm not liking about him is the presence of hands on the end of the arms. All the past titans have just had the guns as an extention of their arms.

+Rep!

Cheers
-DDW

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
The only thing I'm not liking about him is the presence of hands on the end of the arms. All the past titans have just had the guns as an extention of their arms.
I agree, the arms look a tad out of place compared to the usual designs that are typical to Eldar design and makes the arm look more like what Tau have on their battlesuits, even though it is the dabbling of the Eldar that brought the Ethereals into being in the first place as a way of controlling the Tau.

I think I'd rather see the weapons as extensions to the arms as it would make them more in line with the Eldar range, look at the Wraithlord and the Revenant titan, there are no underslung weapons there.

Either way, the mock model of the Phantom is looking very sexy, though I wouldn't want to shell out ~£400 for one :p

-Kai-Itza-

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, the arms look a tad out of place compared to the usual designs that are typical to Eldar design and makes the arm look more like what Tau have on their battlesuits, even though it is the dabbling of the Eldar that brought the Ethereals into being in the first place as a way of controlling the Tau. Where is this fluff at?

I think I'd rather see the weapons as extensions to the arms as it would make them more in line with the Eldar range, look at the Wraithlord and the Revenant titan, there are no underslung weapons there.

Either way, the mock model of the Phantom is looking very sexy, though I wouldn't want to shell out ~£400 for one :p

-Kai-Itza-
I agree, the underslung weapon is different, but its def not bad looking by any means. I will however say I am undecided if i like the power fist (in the sketch) better than the under slung blade (which reminds me of heavy arms gundam)

I dont want to shell out the doh either, but i am an eldar fantatic. I sold my space wolves, salamanders, and beastmen to save up the money! haha

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Fluff?

It is hinted in this book, that during the Mon'tau - the time of terror - that the Eldar created a means to 'control' the Tau race, steer it from it's own destruction and use them as a tool towards their own survival, known to the Tau as "The Greater Good". Although unsurprisingly, none of this can be proven by the Inquisitors of the Ordo Xenos. ;)

I've flicked through it once but haven't brought it, it has some interesting stuff, like a more indepth looks at the Ork's, artwork and insight to the Necrontyr as to what they looked like before the Necron we know of 'today', the very cool Hrud, more info an piccies of the Nid's and so forth.

Wish I brought it now :(

-Kai-Itza-

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what was the name of the book

·
Registered
94 Posts
errr i have that book and i have not read that in it,will check that out tonight.there is easter eggs all on it tho, Eg the emperor is a old one/eldar god.

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
what was the name of the book
Xenology

errr i have that book and i have not read that in it,will check that out tonight.there is easter eggs all on it tho, Eg the emperor is a old one/eldar god.
I'm sure I read that part of it in the store, although I have read it quite a few years ago :p

I read just a snippet of the the Emperor being an Old One/Eldar god, he must be really old.

*sounds of the Inquisition coming*

Uh-oh time to dash...

*sounds of an Orca hurtling off*

-Kai-Itza-

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dang i want to read it, but its going for a hundred bucks on amazoN! and starting at 50 bucks on ebay

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is off topic, but I have the book and I don't remember much being said of the Necrontyr's appearance. Does anyone know where this is said?
last few 2 or 3 pages is where the necron lord or could it be the deciever? hmmm gets mentioned.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is it just me who is praying to Allah, God and the other ones that Forgeworld is a cover and it will be plastic release by GW?!! lol

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well dont hold your breath, this is a forgeworld product. Hopefully out this year.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes, there is at least one Necron but no Necrontyr. That's what I was trying to get at?
well seeing as the book is about the species that the necron lord has collected......and the fact that Necrontyr are long extinct. i dont think you will find much about them in it ^^

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a quick update to tell you there are no updates!

Forgeworld has had 2 news letters since my initial post, and neither had anything on the phantom titan. Also the rumor of Aug 21st release looks unreachable at this point. Although I hope I am wrong. I will wait to see if they post an advance order for it by the end of the month, since FW does advance orders about that far in advance I believe. Anyone else comes across any news, let me know!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Picture of the legs for any of you who didn't want to watch the youtube video. This picture is someones personal picture that he has posted in dakkadakka. Therefore not my own personal image.

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Look at that cute 'lil IG Tauros next to it, surely that can't be the right size for it. I'm guessing it's the 3-up scale as it is still in development, I'd love to get my hands on a 3-up scale of this although I wonder what'll be the 'class' of it as it is, we're looking at the largest class titan that the Eldar have in their possession!

:O

-Kai-Itza-

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.