Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking- with Forgeworld's Imperial Armor Apocalypse II, new weapons are introduced for Forgeworld's heavy XV9 battlesuit. It's probably not "tournament legal," but does it seem fair to mount these on the more common XV8 battlesuit?

·
Registered
66 Posts
does it say in IA that they are a standard wargear for suits? if not then they cannot be mounted on a crisis suit (which i doubt they can). but on the otherhand as you say its not tourney legal so if you get permission from whoever ur playing then go right ahead.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
In IAA2, the Tau Battlesuit XV9 page adds an armory addition, containing the Fusion Cascade, the Phased Ion Gun, and the Pulse Submunitions Rifle. I'm pretty sure that Forgeworld's supplements are Tournament legal.

Edit: Forgeworld supplements are Tournament legal.

Reactions: Kinsella

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wow, you may want to get rid of those points costs ASAP!

As long as the weapons are listed under the battlesuit wargear and the specific info for them does not limit them to XV9's you should be able to mount them I would think.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Oh- was there a problem with the point costs?

Edit: Thanks! I read your post on my other thread. Eh... Is having the stats up fine?

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
I'm pretty sure stats are also a no no - referring to one part of the stat for comparison purposes is fine (i.e. this gun has S7 to the other guns S5 with more shots) but putting copyrighted material up like this is asking for trouble.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I deleted the stats, based on pure paranoia. However, without the reference information, this thread loses its relevance somewhat. Hopefully there are users out there with Imperial Armor Apocalypse II, like me.

·
Registered
730 Posts
its not really paranoia, just good sense, we wouldn't want LO sued by GW would we? anyway, I never knew you could field forge world models in tournaments.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was just being hyperbolic. Anyway. If you read Games Workshop's Apocalypse or Apocalypse Reload books, they actually draft rules for Forgeworld models. They must accept the company in some way. I think it's a subsidiary.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My understanding is forgeworld and GW are almost the same entity (maybe an offshoot), unlike the states warhammer is massive over seas so more complex rules and options for the rabid gamer are provided over there.

Also unit stats should be fine since the GW site gives model stats in the model descriptions on the site, forgeworld does the same for some models but for safety's sake I wouldn't post apocalypse model stats or gear.

I'd make doubly sure as well and just put individual stats for comparison reasons, and never put up individual gear costs.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey- you seem intelligent about all this, why is the thread name red?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
unlike the states warhammer is massive over seas.
Where? It wasn't big in Germany when I lived there fifteen years ago, and when I went back for a visit two years ago, I had trouble finding even one shop selling their product...in a major city! I guess warhammer is big in the UK, but Germany's about the wealthiest country on the continent, and you do need money to buy GW's product, so I have to wonder how much of a customer base GW has outside of the English-speaking world. I know where they have a presence, but given their lack of vendors in a huge economy like Germany, I can't imagine it's that big...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I think what Blood Seriph is getting at is that Warhammer and Warhammer 40k are more popular in Europe than they are in the United States. More specifically, it is a very popular hobby in the UK. I hadn't heard of a terribly large wargaming community in Germany, but given that GW's product boxes are in 5-6 (German being one) different languages, I'm guessing they have a fairly large customer base outside of the English-speaking world.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i'm in holland and it's not popular but i'm spreading the world
and yes forge world is good for most tournament but some forbid becus several nutcases will use super-heavies
i think take some psr's *drool*
forge world IS the biggest advantage from the T'au because they got a SH**LOAD of VERY good units
they even gave us an anti termi way :D (cascades :D) *more drool*

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.