Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to make a Fortress of Redemption like piece for my friend's chapter. Can anyone give me the measurements? Specifically the height and width of the tower, the annexes(point to point), and the walkways.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How so? GW says we can make anything we want as long as it reprtesentative and as big as or bigger than the model represented. I'm not going to buy a fortress and scrape off all the angels crap. And I sure as heck couldn't sell it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. The length is 24" annex to annex, and I'm guessing the tower base is pry 4" tall since the GW standard is a 3" floor. Its just a nice piece and I wanted to do it proper justice. Figured I'ld get some community help, guess not.
Thanks anyway.
Feel free to lock, burn, whatever this thread.

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
There is no law against it I'm sure... If you made an exact replica of the bastions using plasticard and foam they can't do anything surely? you aren't intending to sell it and you made it with your bare hands.

·
356 Posts
Now that you know that its 24 inches wide and you can get a good pic off GW you have enough info to make one yourself, print out the pic, work out the scale - use the marines as the known heigth, create a floor plan and elevation sketch and your off! foamboard is your friend.

I made this without actual measuring a real one - WarSeer - View Single Post - Apocalypse 40k Terrain

I do plan to make a naked Fortress for my wolves one day that will be close enough to the GW one to keep me happy.

Bugbait out

·
2,399 Posts
Ladies and gents, the fortress is not hard to un dark angel.
Replace the tower with a bastion above the "Stump" - With or without the heavy bolters, your choice.
The panels without it are easily replaces with plasticard make-your own chapter panels. the only thing left is the DA symbol on the shields at the top of the ground sections, and a scalpel and file settles that without breaking sweat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.