Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have heaps of marines and i havent played for half a year, i just don't find enjoyment out of starting with huge amounts of models at my disposal. So i thought i'd take the non painted ones, start all new from a new commander and two 5 man squads and build from there. I don't have my codex with me but it will look something like this..

HQ.
Captain
Power Sword
Plasma Pistol

Troops
5x Marines
3x Bolter
1xHeavy Bolter
1x Seargent with power sword and bolt pistol

5xMarines
3x Bolters
1x Missile Launcher
1x Seargent with power fist and bolt pistol

Does anyone else struggle to find the energy? I always want to paint and play but i just play dawn of war instead. lol. Any idea's for ways to expand? i was thinking play some games and use some experience rules or something along those lines..

Not even really sure if i'm in the right forum place, lol. Sorry about that.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Seems good, except I would swap the heavy weapons for special weapons as they would be more help at this level. Also how do you get three bolt pistols?
The Marines are 4... 3 with the Bolt pistols and 1 with the Heavy Weapon and 1 Sergeant. ;)

I would change the weapon config from Heavy to Special too... More attacking in that way!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, sorry about that, i ment with bolters for both the squads.
so..

HQ.
Captain
Power Sword
Plasma Pistol

Troops
5x Marines
3x Bolters
1xMelta Gun
1x Seargent with power sword and bolt pistol

5xMarines
3x Bolters
1x Plasma Gun

That should look better.
I was thinking going with a fluff army building idea, such as maybe they are stuck and scattered over a world and winning battles would find them extra equiptment or resqueing more men.. Just so the excitement is still there. Any idea's for the next unit? maybe a scount squad or a jump pack squad...?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've gone ahead and built this army:

HQ.
Captain
Power Sword
Plasma Pistol
Terminator Honours

Troops
5x Marines
3x Bolters
1xMelta Gun

5xMarines
3x Bolters
1x Missile Launcher
1x Seargent with close combat weapon and bolt pistol

5xMarines
3x Bolt Pistol & CCW
1xMelta Gun
1xVeteran Seargent with Power Fist and CCW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.