Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been very interested in starting a SOB army for a while now (my first army was going to be either Chapter Approved Necrons or SOB) but never really knew where to start and what they would be like in a fight.

What units should I start with? Something that wont be made obsolete by the new 'dex.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well, you can't go wrong with a cannoness and some squads of sisters. After you buy plenty of sisters, you can start getting some with special weapons, which will let you create different squads, like retributors and dominion squads. Pretty much anything that fits in the current SoB army will fit in the new codex, so but whatever you like the best. Of course, the articles here are a great help- they've helped me a lot.

·
Registered
506 Posts
WE'r not sure exatclly about what going and satying, one thing that we do know is that we'r more than likely gonna have to say bye bye to the Redemptionists so stay clear from them. Otherwise I agree with Asmodeus and stick to a some squads of battle sisters and a cannoness and bodyguard (if you choose to have them).

Best of luck!

·
Registered
317 Posts
From what i've seen from a preview list (which a GW employee showed me so I'd stop pestering him about the SoB) It looks like the redemptionists aren't really gone, but are going to be something else (a different name or something). I don't know if I'd stay clear of them, but I'd be a little wary...

·
Registered
222 Posts
an immolator with a retributer squad rocks. using its fire point, combined with its twin heavy flamer, its shooting 4 heavy flamers. its like a giant flaming tank. thats scary. seraphims are expensive, moneywise, but its my fav thing for sobs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just play tested SOB vs Deamon hunters. I'm definantly hooked as I wipped 'em out.
At one point had my whole army in a big U formation around his army.
15 flamers & 4 meltas into one squad of termies all at the same time. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.