Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

My friend is thinking of starting up Tomb Kings and I am not familiar enough with them to offer solid feedback. So I came here to see if you guys could offer some advice. I Would also like as much information on the units if you could because I would like to know more about them as well.

Here is the list he is thinking about.

235 - Level 4 Liche High Priest - Heirophant - Dispel Scroll
231 - Tomb King - Armor of Destiny, great weapon, Ironcurse Icon, dragonbane gem
Heroes
110 - Ramhotep
135 - Tomb Herald - Standard of the Undying Legion
Core
132 - 22 Skeleton Archers
132 - 22 Skeleton Archers
120 - 30 Skeleton Warriors
120 - 30 Skeleton Warriors
Special
215 - Tomb guard - halberds - musician
205 - Necropolis knights - Standard Bearer
Rare
225 - necrosphinx
135 - Casket of Souls

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
My friend is thinking of starting up Tomb Kings
I assume the friend in question is new to WFB and not committed to TKs. To be honest, my advice (speaking as someone who initially dabbled with TKs then gave up) would be to pick another army - maybe VCs, if he likes the general undead theme. Although not everyone thinks the current TK book is weak, many do and it's certainly not an easy book for beginners. If your friend's not committed to WFB, there's a danger he'll just waste a load of money and end up quitting altogether.

But, if he does go with TKs, that doesn't look too bad. I like chariots, but warriors (HW&S - not spears) and archers are fairly solid, just avoid horsemen.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Combine the bows and horde them with linch priest in them my list for tk has 2 massive blocks of archers that have a tomb prince in each and tomb guard with halberds and the priest banner of the undying legion and the rest in constructs 2 warsphinxes and 2 scorpions to flank and chalf hunt. you have 3 big combat blocks yeah i advocate throwing the archers in to close combat as the enemy closes you down because your shooting them to pieces.

Lord

Liche lvl 4 4++ tali

Heros

tomb prince shield dragon helm
tomb prince enchanted shield

Core

29 archers full command tomb prince 15x2 for shooting
29 archers full command tomb prince 15x2 for shooting

Special

27 tomb guard halbers champ standard undying legion linch here
2 scorpions
2 warsphinx