Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hiya. I play quite a lot of warhammer and recently have started to collect an defenders of middenland army, from storm of chaos, which is a nice break from my bretonnians ;)

The only problem is that I keep getting beaten! The armies I usually play against are hordes of chaos, grimgor's ardboyz, dwarfs, vampire counts, tomb kings, ogre kingdoms, and high elves. We do 2500 games because it's fun fitting in a lot of extra troups without having 2 lords running around the place. We usually play pitched battle. I am trying loads of marchblocking from huntsmen and flying captain, flee/speedbump with detatchments, devide & conquer etc but seem to be crushed easly still :cry:

Here is the list I've been using recently:

1 Wizard Lord of the Jade Order @ 305 Pts
Magic Level 4
Lore of Life
Holy Relic
Dispel Scroll
Dispel Scroll

1 Captain @ 152 Pts
Great Weapon
Full Plate Armor
Pegasus
Heart of Middenheim

1 Captain @ 133 Pts
Full Plate Armor
Battle Standard
Ship's Colours (unit causes terror)

1 * Seneschal of the White Wolf @ 112 Pts
General
White Wolf Hammer
Full Plate Armor
Sword of Sigismund

29 Teutogen Guard of the Inner Circle @ 605 Pts
Inner Circle
White Wolf Hammer
Full Plate Armor
Standard
Musician
1 First Knight
Dead Man's Chest (+1A for each model in first round of each combat)

10 Detachment - Halberdiers
Halberd
Light Armour

Halberd
Light Armour

9 Handgunners @ 105 Pts
Empire Handgun
1 Marksman
Hochland Long Rifle

1 Great Cannon @ 100 Pts

29 Greatswords @ 510 Pts
Great Weapon
Full Plate Armor
Standard
Musician
1 Count's Champion

Halberd
Light Armour

Halberd
Light Armour

5 Knights Panther @ 123 Pts
Barding
Lance
Full Plate Armor
Shield
Musician
Warhorse

5 White Wolf Knights @ 133 Pts
Barding
White Wolf Hammer
Full Plate Armor
Musician
Warhorse

20 Spearmen @ 172 Pts
Spear
Light Armour
Shield
Standard
Musician
1 Sergeant

5 Huntsmen @ 50 Pts
Longbow

I am pretty good with my cannon shots, usually get my target dead in 2 turns. The big units are for containing the enemy big units and break with piling in from detatchments and free calvery. I am picking up a lot of the mistakes and missed chances that go by, and seem to get the charge a lot, get into the right position for things etc, but just seem to get squished. What am I doing wrong? ;) Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think you should drop the Wizard Lord and get an Elector Count, he'll hold the infantry line in place with his mighty leadership of 9. Unless the Seneschal of the White Wolf has leadership 9, I dont know as I haven't got the middenhelm army list; my boys are from Stirland.

·
Registered
943 Posts
You have put way too many eggs in your basket, I reccomend dropping the huntsman, splitting thee teutogen and greatswords into 2 units each, and with the points saved with huntsman, get fc for the second unit. Also I like the wizard, it is your only maguc defense. BTW posting seperate costs is illegal:ninja: , don't do it. Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Heya, thanks for the replies! The Seneschal is just a captain with a couple bits, so he's leadership 8. I cannot have an elector count unless I take boris Todbringer, who costs a bit more than I am wanting. The only lords this list can have, asside from special characters, is an grand master and an wizard lord. The Teutogen guard and Greatswords are both a 0-1 choice, sadly, so only 1 unit of each. And sorry about the seperate costs, this was just a copy & paste from an army builder. My bad! I'll edit it out ;o

1 - 4 of 4 Posts