Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my friend is doing Orks based on a "Dakka Kroozade" against Tau. All theyre technology is based on either Ork or Tau design. With Guard parts cos theyre a Meks favourite :).

Think Devilfish on Wheels.

Heres a 500 pt list he wanted me to chuck up here :)

HQ
Big Mek
Eavy Armour
Cybork Body
Shokk Attack Gun
Power Klaw
Attack Squig

Da Big Mek, wif da biggest gun in da whole Waaagh! A shield jenerata, a Kroot 'ound, and a Shoota Suit to boot!

Elites
5 Lootaz

Boyz wif da biggest gunz, for tankin wagonz!

Troops
15 Shoota Boyz
Rokkit Launcha
Nob
Power Klaw
Eavy Armour

15 Shoota Boyz
Big Shoota
Nob
Power Klaw
Eavy Armour

Da Fire Boyz. Dese is da boyz wif a weapon for krumpin! Led by a Nob in a Shoota Suit deyre pretty good when it comes to matterz of dakka!

C&C much appreciated :)

Archy+co.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Ok, my friend is doing Orks based on a "Dakka Kroozade" against Tau. All theyre technology is based on either Ork or Tau design. With Guard parts cos theyre a Meks favourite :).

Think Devilfish on Wheels.

Heres a 500 pt list he wanted me to chuck up here :)

HQ
Big Mek
Eavy Armour
Cybork Body
Shokk Attack Gun
Power Klaw
Attack Squig

Da Big Mek, wif da biggest gun in da whole Waaagh! A shield jenerata, a Kroot 'ound, and a Shoota Suit to boot!

Elites
5 Lootaz

Boyz wif da biggest gunz, for tankin wagonz!

Troops
15 Shoota Boyz
Rokkit Launcha
Nob
Power Klaw
Eavy Armour

15 Shoota Boyz
Big Shoota
Nob
Power Klaw
Eavy Armour

Da Fire Boyz. Dese is da boyz wif a weapon for krumpin! Led by a Nob in a Shoota Suit deyre pretty good when it comes to matterz of dakka!

C&C much appreciated :)

Archy+co.
Why does your big mek have so many CC accessories? He isn't going to last long in CC regardless of what he has. His stats are actually quite low. Just field him with a shokk attack gun and a cybork body for 105 points. This gets you 45 points.

Those shoota boy units are too small to last long on foot. Take 3 boyz and the big shoota away from the second one unit, turn that unit into slugga boyz and add a trukk, which will only cost 7 points after you minus the deductions.

Then, Add 5 shoota boyz and a rokkit to the other unit, take away the 'eavy armor (only meaningful in close combat) for a net cost of thirty five points, and you've got a far more balanced army.

If you really want two units of footsloggers, you'll have to cut out the lootas to make up enough points to get them to 20 boyz each. 20 is the minimum for footsloggers, or they're not going to last long enough to make a dent in your opponent's army. Still, I'd put some of those devilfish on wheels to good use, and use trukks as well. In any case, drop the CC stuff from the big mek. Trust me, it won't work.

Good luck!

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Point duly noted sir.

Now, the game type has been changed to 400 pt combat patrol. So heres my friends list (he really needs to get the internet....)

Elites
4 Shoota Suits (Nobz with Warbikes)
Power Klaw
Waaagh Banner

Troops
Fire Boyz (Boyz with shootas)
12 Shas 'orks (Orok Boyz)
Nob
Power Klaw
Looted Devilfish (Trukk)
Red Paint Job

Fast Attack
Looted Pirahna (Buggy)
Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha

402 Points

Thoughts?

Very fast and hard hitting, it aims to krump the opponent by turn 3.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would drop the nob bikers who without a warboss and a painboy (none of which u can afford for 400 points) aren't as effecitve (a proper nob biker squad costs upwards of 450pts alone) and will have serious leadership problems and get a second larger foot mob and a SAG (at this level the BM will demolish half your opponents force in one shot, your opponent is very unlikly to have anything comparable) from the change

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
I would drop the nob bikers who without a warboss and a painboy (none of which u can afford for 400 points) aren't as effecitve (a proper nob biker squad costs upwards of 450pts alone) and will have serious leadership problems and get a second larger foot mob and a SAG (at this level the BM will demolish half your opponents force in one shot, your opponent is very unlikly to have anything comparable) from the change
Do NOT use a mekboy with an SAG in this small a game. One bad roll will literally end the game for you. Instead, I'd field another group of trukk boyz, and then use the spare points on more buggies. Also, I usually use slugga boyz in trukks and shoota boyz on foot, but do what works for you.

Here's my idea for a unit to replace the nobz:

12 Slugga boyz
Nob w/powerklaw
Red Trukk
(147)

Rokkit buggy (35)

Rokkit buggy (35)

You'd also be under 400 points, to boot.

If your heart is set on bikes, field this instead:

7 warbikes
nob boss w/powerklaw and bosspole
(215)

And you're still under 400 points.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Do NOT use a mekboy with an SAG in this small a game. One bad roll will literally end the game.
The SAG all depends on how lucky your are with dice, in such a small it would defintiely be a game breaker. After secondthoughts I would agree its a bit of a wild card choice. I am blessed by the dice gods most of the time and I like the risk which is why I would include one buz mynameisgrax suggestion is certainly the more sensible of the two. A lot can go wrong with SAGs

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Well...

The SAG all depends on how lucky your are with dice, in such a small it would defintiely be a game breaker. After secondthoughts I would agree its a bit of a wild card choice. I am blessed by the dice gods most of the time and I like the risk which is why I would include one buz mynameisgrax suggestion is certainly the more sensible of the two. A lot can go wrong with SAGs
The dice gods do seem to love the orks. ^_^

I've received rolls, however, that would have been instant death in a 400 point game. The problem is, there is no roll that would mean instant victory in a 400 point game. The risks outweigh the benefits, in this case.

Of course, I tend to be cautious in my list designs. Ironically, I'm downright reckless during actual play, but in this case, the risk does indeed to be a bit too much.

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He cant take the Shokk Attack Gun. I beleive its ordnance isnt it?

Also, All boyz must have shootas for fluff reasons.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Yes...

Yes it is ordnance, but I'm not sure why he can't take it. Is it part of the patrol rules? In any case, I wouldn't take it even if you can.

It's a nice unit, but in an army that small, a misfire will probably mean doom.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Also, All boyz must have shootas for fluff reasons.
Official Rules can be found here:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/warhammer40000/combat-patrol/assets/40k40mins1.pdf

A number of rules regarding max wounds and av exist but nothing against ordinance weapons being prohibited. Then again back then all Ordinance weapons were on (and most are still are on) vehicles that exceed the max armour so they couldn't be used anyway. The SAG not being vehicle mounted is not so constrained

·
Registered
143 Posts
I thought official rules are in 4th ed rulebook? And in there it says, ordnance weapons are not allowed in combat patrol.
I have always played with the original rules as displayed online assuming they were the same as the ones in the BGB but I may be mistaken. If in doubt go with the BGB, rules found online with the exception of official FAQ are not strictly official or tournament legal e.g. Deathwatch Killteam rules so if the BGB says no ordinance weapons then the SAG is a no go unfortunately

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.