Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first 1000pt. Daemonhunters Army list is:

HQ:
Grey Knight Grand Master 298 pt.
- 3 Terminator Retinue (NFW and storm bolter) with 1 incinerator

TROOPS:
8 Grey Knights (including Justicar) 225 pt.

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers 161 pt.
- 1 Melta Gun and 1 Grenade Launcher
- Veteran with Power Weapon, Hellpistol, Teleport Homer and Purity Seals

FAST ATTACK:
5 Grey Knights (including Justicar) 170 pt.
- 2 incinerators

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Grey Knight Dreadnaught 145 pt.
- Twin-linked Lascannon and Incinerator

I know that the veteran stormtrooper is a lot but I want to try and surprise the enemy and if it doesn’t work I can change it to something else

Any help on this army would be appreciated thanx???

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks good to me :)

I like the Vet, from my experience my Stormies got beaten up pretty bad and having a nice fighter in the group will help with that in CC atleast.

You could also consider getting another squad of 10 Stormies and switching more of your GKs to fast attack, gives you a bit more unf to your fast attack as well as you can switch them to troop if you feel the need for some extra firepower right away.

It looks like a good list to be sure tho.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:( I feel that if i got another unit of stormtroopers, i would have too many and i would like to just use them as an add-on and not the main part of the army.

i plan to deep-strike my terminators + lord so the fast attack will help and the stormtroopers+grey knights+dreadnaught to advance up the table and help out in CC as this is a CC based army with a good fire-support element (at least i hope as i haven't played yet or got any models :( )

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah but i don't have the points and one of my reasons of taking them (and not another grey knight squad) was to have an expendable squad to shield the grey knights so i will deploy them as 'protection' and the rhino wouldn't help at all

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by Waaargh!
If thats your plan i'de mount the Stormies in a Rhino.. Or a Chim.. This way they can move 24" or 12" either way they'll be able to get to the Grey nights faster...
how can they move 24"? can chim's move 24"? or rhino's?

i have both codexes and rule book, so if u not allowed to tell me just tell me a few little things and where to look please, thanks

·
Registered
707 Posts
I dont know, but perhaps an Orbital Strike will be good when fighting shooty armies who done move around too much. Put one in their deployment zone and watch them all die horribly =P . I hear its good against Tau.

Cant really help any other way =( . Just read this forum and you get a really good chunk of info about the Daemonhunters.

Good luck with the army =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.