Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by once again reading Storm of Iron, I think it's about time my Warsmith ascended to the lofty realms of Daemonhood. However I don't want to give him Stature so I'm not going to use the DP model, I just want him to stand out more. So looking at the in-between of terminator-DP, I guess the Obliterator model is cool, but I'll have to remove all the fleshy stuff. You think this is possible with a dremel?

·
Registered
969 Posts
yup it should be quite easy with a dremel and a little bit of filing.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i think that id leave the flesh. on my sorcerer i used the obliterator model and used carrion wings, i had to mould the hand quite a bit though to hold a suitable staff thingy...

·
Registered
29 Posts
What demonic abilities were you going for... I luv the new Obi models the flesh gives it its own style ;) so could mebe use it for mutation?? ad some putty could be kewl :D

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right now his Gifts are Strength, Mutation and Resilience, he'll keep these of course and get Rune and Essence, maybe Visage.
I see the fleshy stuff as something that comes from the Techno-virus, and obviously he doesn't have that, so I want to remove all of that. I was also thinking of giving him the head of a Bloodletter :) . I also have to find a way to show his weapons (power weapon and fist), the fist isn't a problem but the normal weapon is, because one of the Oblit's arms is, well, odd :p . Any suggestions?

·
Registered
70 Posts
hum tought one

how about getting a spawn of chaos arm and doina little editing on it ot hold whatever weapon you give it. (i recomend using either the new deamon prince sword or teh old deamon princes axe.. or bloodthrister axe)

then once you get theamr one. CAREFULLY cut the finers off and using some green stuff mold it into a fist. teh add in the weapon

or in keeping with teh mutation you could replace one of the oblitorators arms with the OTHER chaos spawn arm (teh tentacle one) and mold it so one of the tentacles holds teh weapon and teh others are sipmply the WYSIWYG verison of mutation

hope those ideas help.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Everything is possible with a dremel!
To me that idea sounds just great.
What other conversion did you have in mind to make the rest of the DP?
I agree he will stand out but you have to do something special to make sure he's not just the bit different obliterator on the battlefield, there should be no doubt.
Other than converting the obliterator, what did you have in mind giving him as say weapons?
A large incorporated Kai gun or something?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The basic idea is as follows: I'll remove all the fleshy stuff, and use green stuff to make it look smooth.
Then I'll use the head of a Bloodletter (I have 2 spare bloodletters, so one will have its skull offered to Khorne :p ), maybe model some other stuff on him with green stuff, he'll need the Daemonic Rune anyway.
I was also playing with the idea of changing his pose, by cutting away the legs and then remoddeling them so he stands straight a bit more (Obliterators really look ponderous), but that might be a bit hard to do hehe.
For weapons, he'll get a power fist and power weapon (what he has right now). The fist isn't a problem, as Obliterators already have a 'fist' arm, I only have to remove the fleshy texture of it. The power weapon is the problem: I'd have to find a new arm or completely remodel it, which will be a downright hell of a job, if quite a challenge and immeasurably rewarding if it turns out cool ^_^ .

And on friday... we had him modelled.
First pic
And the second

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.