Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finished a project to do the whole box of Space Hulk minis. These guys are the most dynamic terminators and Genestealers to come out of any Games Workshop line, and they're really quite marvelous to paint.

I painted the lightning arcs onto the power sword and thunder hammer by request of my client. I think both of them turned out rather well.

Overall this project matches the studio scheme for Space Hulk a little more closely than the previous set of terminators that I painted.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Great work, as always! You seem to have gone with a slightly darker red than a lot of the other Space Hulk termis I've seen around, and I think I like it.

The lightning looks good too!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice! I like how you did the red color of the armor. I may have to rework my thunder hammers in my army like how you did yours. :D

The Thunder Hammer with lightning arcing on it was entirely at the request of my client. I really like how it turned out, and I might do some of that for my stuff sometime too.

The red of the armor is done with some layers of red paints (start with a dark crimson, go up to a slightly dark red, and do the final highlighting in blood red- this way you're highlighting up to the bright blood red rather than using it as a starting point and highlighting up with orange.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.