Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted some opinions on this most likely bad list from a noob to fantasy......
Heroes
Beastmaster = 267
-Light armor
-Sea Dragon Cloak
-Lance
-Dispell Scroll
-Mounted on Manticore
Sorceress = 175
-Lvl. 2
-Darkstar Cloak
-Seal of Ghrond
Sorceress = 170
-Lvl. 2
-Wand of Kharaidon

Core
20 Dark Elf Warriors = 175
-Shields
-Musician
-Standard Bearer
20 Dark Elf Warriors = 185
-Shields
-Full Command
5 Dark Riders = 127
-Repeater Crossbows
-Musician
5 Dark Riders = 127
-Repeater Crossbows
-Musician

Special
16 Executioners = 204
-Full Command
7 Shades = 98
6 Cold One Knights = 244
-Full Command
-War Banner

Rare
2 Reaper Bolt Throwers = 200
War Hydra = 220
Total = 2000

Basically, this was a list i made while musing over a moreso straightforward list (posted in other thread.) I realize that this might be completly random seeming and to an experienced eye, show no possibility of victory at all; so thats why i am throwing it out here. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well, I think that there is one illegality in your list. If I am not mistaken, dispel scrolls can only be taken by wizards of some sort. To fix it, I would reccomend switching the seal of ghrond with the dispel scroll.

Seems to be an interesting tactical propositon, and moreso fun to play with. As long as you enjoy it, nothing else really matters, but it seems as thought it stands a chance of winning.

·
stupidity just kicked in!
812 Posts
I can't see wht you wouldn't do good with it after som practice.
Dispell scrolls are arcane items but I don't remenber if they're exceptions... (it was a long time ago since I played my last WHFB match :p).
The only thing I'm missing is a decent general... as the beastmaster can't fight at all (well not entierly true but he kinda sux pretty bad when it comes to fighting)... and your armies best Ld are your knights. I'd try to clear up 415pts to make room for a highborn (gauntlet of power, enchanted shield, heavy armour, sheadragon cloak, repeater crossbow) on a manticore. Like removing the hydra... make you knights unit of 5, executioners unit of 12, warriors unit of 12, shades unit of 5, remove the dispell scroll.
If you don't like it then just try and clear about 100pts just enough upgrade your beastmaster to a highborn with some decent nonmagical weapons like (lance, shield, heavy armour, seadragon cloak, repeater crossbow (optional)).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts