Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
About the C'tan I had the fallowing idea:
Even the C'tan fight the chaos gods its quite funny to see that they represend them nearly perfectly.

You have the Nightbringer, who just lives to fight and shed blood and gore, just like Khorne.
The Deciver could be both, Slaneesh or Tzeench, but I think Slaneesh fits him better, because his fluff says he is the weakest one, but uses his charisma to let him have his way and his goals.
The description of the outsider given in the nernon codex is just like a description of an ugly nurgle creation, foul and full of madness.
At last, the voíd dragon who is, according to some rumores, hiding as the machine god on mars, behaves like Tzeench, hiding in plane sight, eroding the forces of order from within.

I know they are not the chaos gods, but it is still funny, isn´t it? Seems like that the guys at GW just love their chaos stuff to much.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The C'tan could never fight the chaos gods directly though (shame it'd be a messy battle) cos the c'tan can't exist in the warp and the chaos gods can't exist in reality( if they could they'd've done so already. So can One force actually defeat the other and claim the galaxy for their own?

·
Registered
45 Posts
even tho im an big necron player i can see the choas gods winning the battle. think about.....their demaons are just as tough as the ctan even the bloodthrister can hAve a even fight with the nightbringer. i cant think want the choas gods do to the ctan if they meet.... lets just say chaos gods yes ctan zip!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah but you have to remember that the C'Tan in their unaltered form are infinitely more powerful. On the battlefield they must wear that shell which inhibits their powers. Thr same goes for the Chaos gods; they would probably have to occupy some sort of body which limits their powers somewhat. Plus the Star gods and the Chaos gods are the anathema to each other so such a battle would never occur: The C'Tan's plans are to seal off the immatterium, while the plans of Chaos are just the opposite.

·
689 Posts
remember that slaanesh is the true satanist god, and the deciever has nothing of satanism in him. i think the deciever fits best as tzeench if any.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just a thought...
Perhaps the Necron gods are the reflections/manifestations (in real space) of the Chaos gods (in the warp). perhaps the Necron and Chaos are more closely bound than we think...

·
Registered
857 Posts
No... it would be quite close, Vette. The Necrons do, however, have the tactical advantage... they have Pariahs. The Chaos Gods don't have anything that can shut out realspace in an area. And as far as actual power... at the height of its strength, the Nightbringer could kill a Greater Daemon with a thought. I've long thought the C'tan have no place on the table, as fluffwise, the Nightbringer is strong to the point of insanity. Think of it this way. The Imperium only exists currently because neither C'tan has decided that the Sun tastes good. But if they get a hankering... it's curtains for the humans. Seriously. If they dispatched a fleet to save themselves, the Necrons would respond with their superior ships and crush them not the mention the Nightbringer flying through space, deflecting mega-las pulses and tearing ships apart like rag dolls. One good strike and it could crack the earth open like an egg. That's power. Against the Chaos Gods... Khaine is the Eldar God of war. As string, many would say, as Khorne at full power. Yet when the NEWLY awakened and WEAKENED Nightbringer fought him, it nearly killed him. After narrowly downing the C'tan, (but not even coming close to killing it) he was so weak he was killed by Slaanesh. Khaine was breought down that much by a monster that had been feeding off itself for sixty million plus years. At full pwoer, assuming they could find a level playing field, the Nightbringer would destroy any Chaos god. Any.

Baron: I'd like to think that, but no. The C'tan are older than the Warp. They're older than the Old Ones. Heck, most Necron soldiers are older than the Warp. Read the 'Cron codex.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree with you, Deciever, that a C'tan has no place in 40K, it's way too powerful. However, I believe that Khorne would be able to defeat the Nightbringer, although it would be a close fight. I do think that the Nightbringer would be able to, barely, kill the other 3 Chaos gods (if it was one on one), but not Khorne. If the Nightbringer could come into the plane of existence that the C'tan are in, the water would turn to blood and the skies would turn dark red. Blood would pour down from above and all else would bleed. After all, he is the Blood God. On, the off chance that the Nightbringer somehow started defeating Khorne, he would just summon Greater Daemons to help him, since those things are incredibly powerful, just by themselves.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by 77_Vette@Nov 17 2003, 22:11
even tho im an big necron player i can see the choas gods winning the battle. think about.....their demaons are just as tough as the ctan even the bloodthrister can hAve a even fight with the nightbringer. i cant think want the choas gods do to the ctan if they meet.... lets just say chaos gods yes ctan zip!
waht are you talkng about? nightbringers OWN BT

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm guessing that BT means Bloothirster. Bloodthirster is a Greater Daemon, not a god. Khorne is the god, Bloothirster is just one of his many daemons. So, yes Nightbringer can easily kill a Bloothirster, but that's not anything that he should be very proud of.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Imagine if the chaos gods fused together into Chaos undivided then thered be trouble. :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
The Chaos "Gods" arent actual flesh-and-blood beings that fight on the battle field, their immaterial. The greater daemons are Incarnations of the gods, representatives of them. They embody their essence. Khorne isnt like some super-daemon, hes a god.

·
Registered
517 Posts
i dont think that a battle between khorne and nighty would be that epic...i mean, basic heavy weapons troopers can take nighty down

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.