Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently returned to space marines, after sampling a few other races, and I have settled on the Salamanders chapter. With the recent release of the Planetstrike rules i've decided that having Furioso and Mortis dreadnoughts will be an advantage under various circumstances. Having bought Imperial armour vol. 2 i've found out that Furioso and Mortis dreadnoughts are only for use in Blood angels and Dark angels or their successor chapters respectively.

Would it be possible to 'bypass' these restrictions and use the dreadnoughts in some way? As a special character for example?

·
Registered
192 Posts
There really isn't a point in getting the Furioso when Codex: SM has the Ironclad. And about the Mortis isn't that just a double weapon Dread? You can do double autocannon dreads already.

·
Registered
253 Posts
erm, not sure about the special character dreadnought seeing as GW got rid of them all (Losers).
But you can take a normal dreadnought with a multi melta,lascannon,assault cannon,plasma cannon,auto cannon and exchange his close combat arm for a auto cannon or missile launcher which is pretty close to a mortis dreadnought for pure shootyness. And the iron clad dreadnought sure as hell is as good as a furioso with better armour and more options but with less attacks : (
This way you can field 6 dreadnoughts with master of the forge and keep shooty and assault dreadnought scheme you want in the same army!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies!

I guess it'll just be ironclads and extra autocannons in that case.

Shame about the special characters :(

·
Registered
253 Posts
It sure is but the new space wolves codex is out soon and hopefully, please god! They bring bjorn the fell handed back because he was the most bad ass character in the game!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts