Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother just got a box of firewarriors and they came with 2 gun drones. do these drones addon to the 12 man limit on FW sqauds?

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you have a shas'ui you can take a drone controller and that allows him to have two gun or shield drones. So you can have twelve FW plus the drones but remember a devilfish can only carry 12 models and the drones count as two models so a full sqaud of FW and two drones cant use a devilfish.( correct me if im wrong i dont have my codex)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I used to use the two drones to beef up my FW squads when I played footslogging lists. Shas'uis are usefull in static squads and the extra drones are always a good buy. Mech squads should probably steer clear of them as the 12 model fish is best filled w/ warriors. 10 warriors and 2 drones in a fish is still pretty fluffy though.

Phase Out....

·
Registered
664 Posts
just don't use gun drones in fire warriors squads tho,useless

·
Registered
419 Posts
svalene said:
just don't use gun drones in fire warriors squads tho,useless
Why? They have the same save. They beef up your unit for cc, they cost about the same, have better accuracy, increase the unit casualties required to cause a leadership test, and cause pinning tests if they cause a wound.

Useless over 18 inches..yeah pretty much.

·
Registered
148 Posts
In my opinion drones work great in static Fw sqauds but arent worth the model loss when you put them in a fish.( i play mech)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts