Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FW has all my cash
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got 2 of the Daemon princes from the Forgeworld open day in April and this was one of my summer project, one of the things that I just decided to do on the spur of the moment from my bitz box.
Unfortunately I didn't record my efforts

My Current FW Daemon Prince

Daemon Prince Conversion to Bloodthirster - I got some of the plastic dragon wings from the Warhammer Bitz range and set about with my dremmil, razor saw and green stuff getting these fixed.
I needed go create a skeleton with pinning wire for the whip arm so that the greenstuff would stick and sculpt under the shoulder
The keen eye'd amongst you will notice that the whip is the GW Barbed wire.. thought it looked good and the base is a resin ebay purchase which I have augmented with some extra bitz and spikes etc

The two together

Overall i'm pretty happy and now use this model as my defacto Bloodthirster.. the current (hideous imho) is only pulled out for Apocalypse games

Enjoy

Reactions: Leech

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
I like the conversion, is quite nicely done but when looking at the bulk of the prince, the wins look a bit too small to me. They don't really go past the middle of his back, I think they look like they wouldn't be able to support his weight.

Kuffy

·
Blood Boy
3,643 Posts
That's a nice model, I have always wanted one of those, the axe it has is awesome. I think yours look good. The conversion into a Bloodthirster is good. The repositioning is well done and he looks like he may of been meant to be that way. I agree with Kuffy and think that the wings are a bit small though. Reppy for your good work.

·
FW has all my cash
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks chaps..

I see your point about the wings.. I chose those because they were plastic, others (GW Bitz) seemed to be metal and I thought that would overballance the mini.. I suppose I could have put a sizeable weight in the base to counter that..

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts
thanks chaps..

I see your point about the wings.. I chose those because they were plastic, others (GW Bitz) seemed to be metal and I thought that would overballance the mini.. I suppose I could have put a sizeable weight in the base to counter that..

It would'nt worry about it that much. Your conversion looks way better than the clumsy fat thing G.W sell as a bllodthirster. If you do change anything i would have the wings spread out, yours seem to go straight back so the model looks narrow from the front. Spreading the wings out would make him wider and bigger looking. But thats only minor. You done a good job with this!

Rep!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.