Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*aaaaccchhoOO!!!!!!!*

sorry, had to knock the dust off this old account!
looks as if i am about 110 miles away from the Games Day 2006 in Atlanta! horrah! and me and my buddy are going to suck it up and go whoop up on some armies! Joker, my buddy is Chaos, mine is...well...ORKS!

i need 1500 points.

Warboss Ugluk is defintally going to be there and here is my first jab at what i want and tell me if it anyone here can help me sort out the deck...
oh, and here are the rules i have to follow:

Bring a fully painted army of no more than 1500 points

All models must be Games Workshop miniatures.

All armies must be created using the appropriate Codex or White Dwarf list. Only armies marked as Official in White Dwarf may be used, no Trial or Optional lists or special characters may be chosen.

Special Characters may be taken as long as they conform to the rules for the army (for example, if you can only select a character in a 2000 point army then you may not take that character).

Forge World models may be used to represent selections from a Codex. Imperial Armor rules may not be used.

now, i basically have just about every ork model you can think of, even a homemade Battle fotress!
i am going to post my army list when i get out some ******, till then, please leave me some comments about what units/unit size that you think would go well in this tournament. remember! i will be facing everything from Space Marines to Tyranids!

Thanks in advance for any tips!

·
Registered
285 Posts
well, space marines and tyranids are easy to play with orks so that shouldn;t be a problem.

at GW tournaments everyone like to "cheese" out their armies, unfortunately for orks, thats not possible. i suggeest the basics, looted basilisk, warboss and (nobs are too expensive for 1500) skarboy bodyguard. at least one other trukk (maybe painboos n' some cyborks)
mostly fast guys, stormboys, buggies (if you have to use bikes, use at least 7 in a squad)
i think that you need to over do your tankbusting capabilities (It is in tournaments that people break out the three leamon russes), two tankbusta squads of 5, some rokkit buggies, rokkits on trukks, on kans, NOT in boys. my favorite size for mobs is 15-20. 30 is big and hard to kill, but 2 of 15=more guns, and more nobs (have all with powerclaws by the way)

you can use a deathskull or blood axe white dwarf list and have a leamon russ, basilisk, and demolisher...then just as many boys as you can fit.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oooOOOo

yes, i have a Mad dok and 8 cyborks......hmmmm....me likey them alot....

i got the looted Baslisk, it is always apart of the plan ;)

hmmm......thank you for the thoughts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts