Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone else ever have games workshop not send you items you ordered for a while? It's been at least 4 weeks and I ordered around $85 of imperial guard models from them. I still don't have them yet. Sad thing is I ordered these with a bunch of other things that I got on different days even though I ordered them all at once. They don't seem to be with it at all.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I placed an order with them once... back in the days of sending a cheque in the post. After a month I cancelled the cheque. 5 months later the money was authorised from my account (shows how good my bank was) and another 3 weeks later the stuff arrived.

Never ordered from them since. Besides nowadays you can get GW stuff for 20% less on other sites so I wouldnt even consider it now.

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty extreme I think I'll cancel my order if I don't hear anything from them tomorrow.

·
Registered
718 Posts
It could be that the models are "lost in transit". basically somewhere down the delivery line something went wrong.
I had that once as well, after emailing Customer Support and giving them my order number they re-shipped the missing stuff (free of charge, of course.) and a couple of days later I was an happy hobbyist.

~Idomisei

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
If you're european like me, then there's a chance a box can be checked at a border security... somewhere and take a lonnnng time. as a postal worker I've seen it happen and it happened to my incoming goods aswell. stuff awaiting checkup can sometimes take a long time, because of capacity or mix-ups. How long? im talking weeks, up to 2 months.

unlikely in your scenario, because if you order twice on same day, i would expect all the goods to be in 1 box.

id sggest giving GW a call. Theyre pretty good customer service when it comes to mailorder.

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm from the U.S and I gave them a call today they say it should be here by Thursday hopefully.

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Those are horrible delays, especially for the cash that you spent on them in the first place!

The only proble that I had from GW is that I ordered a blister of Tornado Assault Cannons, when they arrived a week later, there was only one in the blister. I made a call to GW's Customer Service and they sent me another pack for the trouble. I never had anything over order's being late or 'lost in translation', even when I pre-ordered my 6e Collector's Edition rulebook; It came exacly a week later no problem.

Maybe I'm just a lucky gamer, eh? ;)

-Kai-Itza-

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Well, WD subscriptions + Canada Post = bad times.

Last August, Canada Post fethed up and never delivered my WD issue, which of corse was the issue that contained the rules update for my VC army and had the new Terrorghiest rules. GW really wanted to send me a replacement copy, but the North American warehouse was completely out of the issue by then.
So the Mail Order guys gave me an additional 3 issues to my subscription, meaning I got 15 months for the price of 12! Luckily I managed to snag the last copy in all of Burlington from one of the two local hobby stores.

Of corse, this August's issue has the new rules updates for my Daemon army, and low and behold, Canada Post has conviently 'lost' my issue yet again... (useless over-paid unionised twats who think they're above the rest of us lowly mortals!!!)
Called Mail Order today, and they're sending me a replacement issue, and adding 1 more month to my current subscription!

Plus it's happened multiple times that my issues have been heavily damaged by the mail service, or the post carrier is just being a dick and puts your paper magazine in the rungs of your mailbox in the pouring rain so it gets turned into mushy paste!

It seems like every bit of trouble I've ever had with deliveries revolves around national holidays and the post/carriers screwing things up. My 40k collector's edition was a week late because of the July 1st & July 4th holidays for example...

Now while GW pencil pushers may be total d-bags, their frontline service guys are top-notch!

·
Registered
815 Posts
I find this crazy, I've ordered a few things from GW direct and they usually arrive really fast. Amazon is also a very good source for some of the bigger items.

Reactions: nacho cheese

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I find this crazy, I've ordered a few things from GW direct and they usually arrive really fast. Amazon is also a very good source for some of the bigger items.
I'm surprised you haven't had any bad luck. Almost everyone in my gaming group has had a couple not 1 a couple bad stories about games workshop.

·
Shrug, k...
1,350 Posts
I don't think I've ever had problems with delivery or other from orders on their website, though I usually also set the pick-up point as my local GW to avoid shipping costs, so that may help avoid problems.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.