Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not including a couple of games on lorenz I haven't played a game of FB for quite a while now, September actually. I've got enough things going on that it doesn't bother me too much. But sometimes I get the urge to travel back home and blow the dust of the ol' Slann.

I'm not sure when I'll play again, I'm hoping easter sometime. But I've been wondering, what's the longest break you've taken from a game (voluntary or involuntary) and did you get any withdrawal symptoms?

·
Ancient Spacefarer
1,715 Posts
Yea all time for me, the longest I've ever been from a game is a good 6-7 months mainly due to some insane Uni. work. When I came back to it when I finally had my holiday, I challenged some pretty good players (Grand Tourny type) and beat all three of them in row.

There must've been so much pent up luck inside that just went turbo! :D

Sure I picked up a past WD here and a rulebook there, but didn't really play any games against anyone. I felt pretty lonely, in that department and made new friends along the way :)

You win some and lose some I guess.

-Kai-Itza-

·
Registered
428 Posts
About 4 years.

In bettween the start of a-levels and the start of Uni, no withdrawl symptoms, I had just gotten beyond the point of caring with GW and the group I gamed with, and wanted nothing to do with either of em. If it hadn't been for a good group of mates at uni who wanted to play I wouldn't haave ever gotten my dwarves out of their boxes and started gaming again.

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
I've never done much actual gaming at all, so I'm not addicted enough to get withdrawal symptoms. However I spend so much time painting I don't want to risk seeing what will happen if I suddenly stop...

·
351 Posts
I haven't touched any of my fantasy armies in about 6-7 months, but I just got into 40k within the last year, and I've been playing that everyother wednesday for about 6 months.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
I've never been that much of a gamer, but as Iwrite I have not even touched py paints or models since before christmas. It's due to RL interviening with my ideal state of escapism.
Sure I suffer from withdrawal sympthoms, not as bad now as in the beginning. Now I can even come to LO every once and again and after that return to doing what I should.
Not be lost in here for ever.

Not sure it's good or bad though...

·
575 Posts
Well, in 40K our whole group hasn't had a battle since 3rd edition (and it's very unlikely to have one before 5th gets official :D ), 'though I'm already refitting some of my Orks (with assault bikes gone I have to reattach some dakka on 'em and whilst being at it I re-do some paint jobs)

Although we're keeping up with Fantasy, so it's not a real gaming hiatus 0:

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Im a bit like Ancalagon, more of a painter/collector than a gamer- mainly due to their being noone I know who games! so i very much doubt i'll get a game in before the LO meet, which will make it an even 12 months since my previous game.

Having said that i bought a non-gaming friend Battle For Macragge for xmas so i may have got myself a gaming partner.

My longest hiatus was 5 years when i left home for uni- but during that time i dumped the hobby all together so no real withdrawal symptoms

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've never done much actual gaming at all, so I'm not addicted enough to get withdrawal symptoms. However I spend so much time painting I don't want to risk seeing what will happen if I suddenly stop...
you'll have a lot more free time, it confused the hell outa me when I first stopped playing, its amazing how much time the painting and modeling part of the hobby actually takes up!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Longest I've been without a game has been two and a half years. And that's still counting. I just can't get my friends interested... they tell me chess gives them their strategy fill. I guess in reality Warhammer is a much more intricate version of chess, but I think it's a lot of fun.

I think the price is a bit too high for a lot of people as well... most of my friends who did start never really got their armies off the ground since it's so expensive when you've got a few other hobbies going on... hell, even I only have like 500pts of Space Marines.

Point is, I've survived this long. But since August, I've been steadily increasing my desire to play. In August I didn't care if I would ever play again, but now if I don't play soon, I'm going to break something.

it's depressing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.