Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Painting Machine!
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is quickly becoming quite a large thread over on Warseer, with confirmation by members who often know quite a bit about the goings on at the company. The skinny is that Thorpe is leaving GW. If true, I will be sad. While I don't agree with everything that he's done in terms of the game, he was a powerful force in the Warhammer world, and I think we'll be worse off without him.

Tekore

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
Yay! If this is true, I can't wait to see what happens. As you might have gathered I'm not a fan of Thorpe and believe that he is responsible for the blandness, knee-jerk reaction to issues and generally 'tooling up' of whatever army book/codex he touches. Not only that his conduct in writing the 'conclusion' to the Storm of Chaos campaign was infantile at best. (Hmm, the defenders are doing their job and actually holding up the forces of chaos, what can we do about it? I know, let's have the skaven nuke a castle and then launch whole brigades of helicopters at them. And what's this, Archaon fails? Hmm, let's have Grimgor beat him in a fight and then not kill him, and while we are at it let's have Manfred raise the biggest undead army seen in centuries and then not kill a single person because an old man says "Sod off").
Personally I believe that the rules development and gaming side of the company will be better off without him. But hey, that's just my opinion.

·
335 Posts
Yay! If this is true, I can't wait to see what happens. As you might have gathered I'm not a fan of Thorpe and believe that he is responsible for the blandness, knee-jerk reaction to issues and generally 'tooling up' of whatever army book/codex he touches. Not only that his conduct in writing the 'conclusion' to the Storm of Chaos campaign was infantile at best. (Hmm, the defenders are doing their job and actually holding up the forces of chaos, what can we do about it? I know, let's have the skaven nuke a castle and then launch whole brigades of helicopters at them. And what's this, Archaon fails? Hmm, let's have Grimgor beat him in a fight and then not kill him, and while we are at it let's have Manfred raise the biggest undead army seen in centuries and then not kill a single person because an old man says "Sod off").
Personally I believe that the rules development and gaming side of the company will be better off without him. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Totaly and utterly agree. Now just a few more high up to go and GW should possible start being cool agian.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.