Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all :tongue:
Sorry, but i don't have a rulebook at the moment and my friend was wondering about something that i wasn't sure about: Does the character with the highest leadership have to be the general? (He plays as Beastmen). Also, can he take a Bloodbull (I think that is what it is called - the Lord choice minotaur) but still use a Wargor (Hero choice) as the general, despite the fact that he has lower leadership and is only a hero choice rather than a Lord choice like the Bloodbull...
Also, just another unrelated question...My friends and i play at each others houses on 4x4 boards (i think they are 4x4) because none of us have completely made and painted our armies (Don't have all the models (we use substitutes)) which means we can't really play at GW yet...My question to you all is this...What size boards would you suggest for 2000pt games? I get the feeling the boards we currently have are too small (as we struggle a bit with 1500pt games (especially when we have such bad terrain...)).
Cheers in advance, thanks for listening/reading :shifty:

· /botnobot/
12,518 Posts
It depends on the army. High elves have the intrigue at court bit which could make a lower leadership character the general. In Vampire Counts, the highest LD must be the general.

As for the beastmen army, I honestly don't know. But in the "army selection" section there should be an explanation.

· Tabletop Terraformer
1,411 Posts
Master_Bungle said:
can he take a Bloodbull (I think that is what it is called - the Lord choice minotaur) but still use a Wargor (Hero choice) as the general, despite the fact that he has lower leadership and is only a hero choice rather than a Lord choice like the Bloodbull...
The lord minotaur is called a Doombull, although 'Bloodbull' could be what Doombulls with the mark of Khorne are called.

As Lethalis has already pointed out, the character with the highest leadership must be the general (unless your army is subject to some bizarre rule like the High Elves are...). So, an army including a Doombull and a Wargor must be led by the Doombull, since he has the highest Leadership of the two characters.

Finally, for games of 1500-2000 points, boards of 6'x4' are best. You need the extra 2' to give you enough space to deploy all your units :)

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the help dudes, i shall see what we can do about the 6x4 boards and tell my friend that he cannot make a wargor the general when he has a Doombull! Cheers :D

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the problem was he misread the rules a little...He thought that if a Doombull was the general that Minotaurs became core (true) and all other core became special (untrue), so he didn't want the Doombull as the general because of that. But of course with the real rules that is no problem :w00t:

· Registered
924 Posts
Also note that, in a Chaos army, the GENERAL DECIDES THE ARMY TYPE, THE ARMY TYPE DOESN'T DECIDE THE GENERAL.

In other words, if I want a Mortal army, I have to ensure that a Human (or a Daemon with master of Mortals) has the highest Leadership in the army. If I have an Exalted Champion (Ld8) and a Doombull (Ld9), the army will be Beastmen, no matter what. If I had an Exalted Champion (Ld8) and a Beastlord (Ld8) instead, I could decide which one was the General. If Beastlord, Bestial army, if Exalted Champion, Mortal army.

· Registered
1,437 Posts
At the Grand Tournament finals a couple of weeks back all the games were played on 6x4 tables, the additional width gives a lot of scope for manouevering etc.

Highest leadership = General unless stated otherwise (some special characters have to be in charge regardless of leadership). With Chaos it can get a bit confusing because as has been stated before the general dictates whether the army is daemonic, mortal or beast but each of the 3 can have units from the other as special and rare choices anyway. For example, a beast army can have a unit of chaos knights as a special choice whereas in a mortal army the knights are core.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.