Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of playing a 1500 point army that is 6x 12genestealers a hivetyrant with 2 gaurd and 2 biovores (any type of spore will fit with the points left). do you think there would be enough modles in there to last the 2-3 rounds it would take to get into CC i mean everything can infilltrate but the tyrant and the biovores hid in the back.

what do you think?

XG

·
Registered
86 Posts
That could be pretty twisted because if your playing against anyhting that doesnt have alot of firepower your going to totaly dominate the game. the only thing id watch out for is flamers and anything with loads of numbers.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya the more i think about it the more i like i might drop 2 units down to 10 men add one more biovore then mutate the tyrant with exceptional size.. i hope i can get a game off with it but the person implaying against right now is dark elder. but we will see.

XG

·
Registered
175 Posts
You can't mutate your Tyranant unless you drop the guard, you need one HQ, one Elite, one Troop and one...either FA or HS, I forget. You may want to add some leaping, rending claw warriors to keep with the theme.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i need 4 species or less to mutate him.
tyrant 1.
guard 2.
genestealers 3.
biovores 4.

all i need is a hq and 2 troops. or is there somthign im not reading?

XG

·
Registered
175 Posts
Its pretty easy to overlook.

Tyranid Codex, pg 26...

blah blah blah...
In order to satisfy this, your Hive Fleet species list MUST include at least one each of the following types: HQ, Troops, Elites, and Heavy Support
This doesn't mean you have to play them, but they have to exist on the Hive Fleet list, which then controlls the number of mutations you have.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I hate facing Genestealers... still, they're not that bad, only a distraction. A distraction that I can't afford to allow into CC...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Nice idea man! 'Stealers rock, great ideas for an army. I'd have lictors or zoanthropes instead, zoanthropes are way cheaper and can take a lot (i screwed a blood angels player cos the biggest gun he had was a missile launcher

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.