Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive Always Hated Gaurd Armys with there Tanks And loads Of Men, Being A nid player so i thoght about takin up cultists for a laugh-i they turned out pretty good

im just wondering if there are any other players out there? :blink:

·
Registered
515 Posts
I saw some genestealer models at my local independant stokest that were shaped like terminators but were genestealers, are they the old genestaler models?

Most had arms, but they were a wierd bunch(all plastic).

·
Registered
217 Posts
well Journal Published a semi-official list. I dont know the exact issue number but they released two different lists. One was an all Genestealer army and another was the actual Genestealer cult. Its not tourney legal but i dont think very many peaple would not play you with you because of using the list. I myself used to play a genestealer cult. It was fun to have alot of gaurd and genestealers in one army.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Hmm i have never heard or read anything about genestealer kult armies.
Although I do know something...

Something like I have 3 genestealer kult psykers in between my other models.
I'll see if I can get pic of them during the weekend.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The list is pretty damn balanced, probably even a bit underpowered. My TO, who also plays tyranids, started collecting genestealer cult. He was very worried that he was cheating or something by being the TO and allowing himself to take a genestealer cult, so he took a vote at one of the tourneys, the vote was unanimously for. I think it's cool playing against an army that you've never seen before.

(I played two 1k point games w/ him, we went 1 and 1. I think that the only reason he won is the fact that he is practically unbeateable at 40k; he wins most of the tournaments at our store but gives the prizes to the 2nd place guy as he is the TO and all. The list is seriously underpowered now that i think about it.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not so sure they're that underpowered. They can get a pretty good number of heavy weapons, their line units are cheap, and being able to put Genestealers in a Rhino must be awesome.

I mean, for two hundred points you can put together 50 initiates. Granted they're not very good, but numbers are numbers.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Wasn't there also a Genestealer Patriarch? One who has a vehicle he rides around in? Someone at GW told me that but I suspected he was pulling my leg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I play Gc's. What I do (Along with many Gc players through the advice of the Great Hivemind Tim Huckleberry) is Use rules for Ig then Use the Following Doctrines:

Special Equipment: Chem-Inhalers, This is used to boost the leadership although they dont really have that equipment, it represents the Hive mind.

Conscript Platoons. This is used to represent how they are organized with squads of weaker units, the Brood Brothers.

Hardened Fighters. Shows how they are better than the average cultist.

Heavy Weapons Platoons. Shows how they can get access to the planets armory, allowing them to have special weapons.

Veterans. Like Conscripts, shows how they have stronger and weaker cultists.

I know this army lacks 'Stealers and Patriarchs but u will have to deal with it until (If we ever do) Win our Fight with Gw and Finally get a Gc codex out. I know many Cultists that would be pleased with that, and Tim is working hard on it. Also you can use the Rules found in the Citadel Journal, but they arent technically offical, you can also get those off the Yahoo Group GenestealerCults. Thats where alot of Cultists have joined and I encourage more to go. Also from the Ig codex to represent some models, the Heroic Senior Officers can be Magus's, the Veterans can be Hybrids, Normal Guardsmen as Brood Brothers, and obiously Sentinels as well, Sentinels. White Dwarf #288 shows his Army in the 40k In a Flash Section, and Black Gobbo #5 talks about this in the Unorthadox Armies section.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.