Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've decided to start playing Warhammer again after 5-year break. and have wrote a quick army list. Comments and advice is highly welcome.

Lord
Black Orc Warboss:
Shield
Sword of Strife
Total: 250

Heroes
Night Goblin Shaman
Level 2
Rudy Ring of Ruin
Total: 110

Core
Night Goblins (x40)
Musician
Flag
Fanatics (x1)
Total:165

Night Goblins (x20)
Musician
Short bows
Fanatic (x1)
Total: 95

Forest Goblins Spider Riders (x10):
Note thinking about changing to wolf Riders.
Musician
Flag
Total: 150

Special
Black Orcs (x19)
Musician
Flag
Shields
Gleaming Pennant
Total: 272

Overall Total:

Thanks for reading, once more advice and comments are welcome. :bye:

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
I would roll the night goblins in to one big unit with 3 fanatics. You could also get more Orc biguns than black orcs, a unit of 20 even at 1000 pts isn't going to frighten anyone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yea can get a extra x10 models with addition HW at the same stat line expect for Ld (but will be rolling off the warboss's so don't matter). unit is mean to curve through the center of their line (well hopefully :jump: )

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Welcome back to Fantasy Mike! Also, welcome to Librarium Online :D

Is there any chance you can shed some light on how your collection stands? What models do you have available? As for your list you posted, Here's some pointers...

1] Black Orc Warboss, this guy is incredibly expensive. He's 25% of your army at the moment and that's a tad too much! You could make do with just a Black Orc Boss or a plain Orc Warboss to save some much needed points. This can/should be reinvested into his unit or into more hammers such as Chariots or Trolls.

2] Goblins. Night Goblins are fine although I'd prefer to have Nets than the fanatic. In small games getting nets into a crucial combat can make the game for you. Chuck these guys into combat alongside your black Orcs and you're golden. You probably don't need 40 of them though, go for 30 or 35.

3] 5 Wolf Riders will do you at 1000pts as you shouldn't be facing too much artillery. Again, reinvest those points elsewhere.

As it stands, your entire list is based around the black Orcs and the unit isn't really big enough to wreck the entirety of your opponents list. You need another hammer type unit in there to cause some pain. Trolls are awesome but at a pinch a couple of goblin chariots will do if you can't get a unit of 6ish in there! You also have Pump Wagons, Big'uns, Squiggs etc.

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
OR chuck in more black orcs to make it a massive unit! awesome!

30+ blorcs maybe even in horde formation, now thats pretty intimidating in 1.000 points

1 - 5 of 5 Posts